Apparently my car is to heavy for American Racing rims

Status
Not open for further replies.

82GrandPrix

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 22, 2019
Thunder Bay, Ontario
This is the biggest crock of crap I've heard in a minute. I don't even like the wheels, but I'd be arguing the hell out of it. Get an email address and bombard it with pictures of A & G body cars wearing the wheels.
Lol the AR website has pics of muscle cars with those exact rims on them! I'd like to ask them why they are marketing a product to a specific demographic of people who apparently can't even use these products SAFELY.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
do they think you are mounting the car on one wheel?....On their website each of those wheels is rated at 1580 lbs. I have the 17" Torque Thrust II on my GP which are also rated at 1580 lbs and I drive my car sideways sometimes so I'm not too gentle on it. The wheels have not broken yet

View attachment 112957 .
Steve,
Why didn't you post the updated picture of your car for G-body of the month?

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Steve,
Why didn't you post the updated picture of your car for G-body of the month?

don't know.....it's a trait us old people get away with...;)

I just remembered, I have a few picture of my current GP in the forum, I came across that picture of my GP when I first put it in the road so I thought it would nice to post that one....:)

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Last edited:

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
years ago when I wanted to order Eibach springs the GP was not isted with the other G bodies so I called and was told if it was not listed it would not fit...:unsure:
I first put in 82' GP and it had fewer options and did not list the Torque Thrust 2 so someone must assume if it doesn't come up when they look up the car then it is the wrong application for the car but we all know that is not the case.

• Agree

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I first put in 82' GP and it had fewer options and did not list the Torque Thrust 2 so someone must assume if it doesn't come up when they look up the car then it is the wrong application for the car but we all know that is not the case.

I think it has to do with jealousy, everyone knows the GP is a cut above all the rest so the world wants to avoid selling us all the upgrades to try to level the playing field...:cool:

• Optimistic
Reactions: 4 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
years ago when I wanted to order Eibach springs the GP was not isted with the other G bodies so I called and was told if it was not listed it would not fit...:unsure:
:doh:

roger1

G-Body Guru
Aug 23, 2010
San Angelo, TX
Lol the AR website has pics of muscle cars with those exact rims on them! I'd like to ask them why they are marketing a product to a specific demographic of people who apparently can't even use these products SAFELY.
They aren't.

1. They publish a spec that says 1580 lbs load rating. That is per wheel. Almost twice the capacity of your car's empty weight.

2. Very obvious the emailed response you got was flat-out wrong.

Sounds like you are ready to make a decision based on faulty information. I suggest you don't do that.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor