Apparently my car is to heavy for American Racing rims

Status
Not open for further replies.

82GrandPrix

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 22, 2019
Thunder Bay, Ontario
Has anyone here put a set of American racing torq thrust 2 rims on their g body and had any issues? I ordered a 15x7 set the other day from canadawheels.com and even though the website says they fit my 82 Grand Prix the seller is now telling me that these rims are "not load rated high enough to be safely run on the vehicle ". Huh? My car is to heavy? And now they want to sell me a much more expensive set that I don't like. So what's the deal? Yay or Nay?

63280.jpg

85442/86buick

G-Body Guru
Feb 12, 2013
Perth Country , Ontario
Have never heard this before , I do not agree with the statement .

• Agree
Reactions: 5 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Has anyone here put a set of American racing torq thrust 2 rims on their g body and had any issues? I ordered a 15x7 set the other day from canadawheels.com and even though the website says they fit my 82 Grand Prix the seller is now telling me that these rims are "not load rated high enough to be safely run on the vehicle ". Huh? My car is to heavy? And now they want to sell me a much more expensive set that I don't like. So what's the deal? Yay or Nay?

View attachment 112807

I would contact these guys and ask them and I'd let them know why you are asking

https://www.americanracing.com/wheels/torq-thrust/

• Agree
  • Winner
Reactions: 4 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
What, does your car weigh more than an armored truck? Even if was coming in at 4500 lbs those wheels would be rated to work. To the seller I call :bs:.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 4 users

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Reactions: 2 users

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Really on a street car most name brand street rims are going to be rated higher than your car will ever weigh loaded IMO it's when you try to run lightweight frontrunners or any dedicated race rim on a heavy street car that you have to be really careful with load ratings not only for the rims but the tires also.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor