Are moog tie rod ends still worth the extra money??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silent viewer

Royal Smart Person
May 9, 2007
I went through the tie rod deal on my 442 6 or 7 years ago when Moog parts were still American made and I was told that they are the only way to go. Today everything that I read says that moog parts are now made over seas which makes me question how are they any better than any other life time warrantee tie rod end? there is literally a 10 dollar a piece difference in price per tie rod end between most house brands and the moog tie rod ends at most parts stores. That adds up to 40 plus tax which is enough for me to order a pair of name brand tie rod adjusters and still spend the same amount of money as just the moog tie rod ends alone. Honestly what am I gaining paying the extra cash? I have seen stock tie rods on g bodies that I have owned /parted out or helped build that have 150k on stock tie rods that are not moog.

Silent viewer

Royal Smart Person
May 9, 2007
explain why?? how are they any better than any other tie rod if they are likely made in the same over seas factory? Anyone can say I would go with anything, I am looking for a good reason why they are any better than others?

• Creative
  • Optimistic
Reactions: 1 users

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
I can't speak for anything new because any car I rebuilt I've used only MOOG and never had to redo anything. I also would be interested to know if they are still as bulletproof as before.

Pontiac455

Master Mechanic
Jun 8, 2010
I am a Red Seal Automotive Technician and install front end parts on a daily basis. Moog is garbage they don't last anytime. Had a chev silverado, customer had his own parts, 2 lower ball joints that were moog. I installed them and told him they went gonna last. He was back last week, got 3 months outa them. I been having most luck with Spicer parts. Other stuff to stay away from is Mevotec, chassis pro made by Trans bec.

Pontiac455

Master Mechanic
Jun 8, 2010
Mark buddy U are right they used to be buillet proof up until about 8 or so years ago.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
explain why?? how are they any better than any other tie rod if they are likely made in the same over seas factory? Anyone can say I would go with anything, I am looking for a good reason why they are any better than others?

the tie rods I have are moog and stamped made in US, the center link I have is a moog and stamped made in US...that is why
if you use spicer do not use their service grade

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor