Astro roof Malibu, Dallas TX

Status
Not open for further replies.

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
Car looks to be well-optioned,V8, power windows and locks, tilt, cruise, gauge package, power seat with dual armrests, Landau, air, bumper guards, dual remote sport mirrors.

Would be a good candidate for having the power roof too, IMO.

Now I'm kinda thinking I should have waited and looked at this one.

I bought a similarly optioned 79 about 10 years ago, was even a Landau car...pwr seat with the same dual armrests, same color interior, windows, locks etc...picked it up for $350. drove it an hour home without issue. Picked up my son from high school with it when I got back into the city and one of his buddies had to have it. Offered me $1200 for it. Nothing ever happened with it as far as I know except he sold to a friend of his dads a year later. Can't find out what happened to it or where it went.

vjjXmw.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
I bought a similarly optioned 79 about 10 years ago, was even a Landau car...pwr seat with the same dual armrests, same color interior, windows, locks etc...picked it up for $350. drove it an hour home without issue. Picked up my son from high school with it when I got back into the city and one of his buddies had to have it. Offered me $1200 for it. Nothing ever happened with it as far as I know except he sold to a friend of his dads a year later. Can't find out what happened to it or where it went.

vjjXmw.jpg
I like the quick profit but you should have kept that one for yourself Kevin.

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
I like the quick profit but you should have kept that one for yourself Kevin.

Yes the quick profit was nice Jared...and you're right I probably should have kept it....but there were two here already....

this was mine..

iEP73B.jpg

And this is why it wasn't going to my son...he had this one waiting for us to finish...

lRJU8m.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Well just to confirm my suspicions I talked to the guy with the Malibu and he said it does not have a power sunroof/moonroof it has a patch and was that way when he bought the car.
Being that I have a power sunroof the size and placement of that one looked off to me but it would have been cool if it was a loaded Malibu with an astro roof that would definitely make it a rare optioned car.

Last edited:

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Well, guess you were right then

Bar50

Royal Smart Person
Jan 1, 2009
Tulsa, OK
Is it me, or does the brochure show a power vent window on a two door?

Like I said, I am looking for a donor, I will split one with you if I find one close.

Jan 30, 2017
I have a 1979 with a factory power Astro Roof. I talked to a guy on the old Malibu Racing Forum, and he also had one. He said the production numbers for Malibu's with the Astro Roof option were 144. He is the only person that I have spoke with that also had one. I believe he got his information from GM somehow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor