At my wits end with this QuadraJet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Look at the pic adding bypas it shows the baseplate you have also why I asked about the gaskets because there are a few different base plates there’s specific instructions for doing that mod on that plate

Thanks, but as I said in our PM, the pics you provided are too small for me to make out on my phone. That’s why I wasn’t able to get that info from your pics.
My apologies for that.

Reactions: 1 user

1bad79

Royal Smart Person
Dec 3, 2011
Allendale mi
Thanks, but as I said in our PM, the pics you provided are too small for me to make out on my phone. That’s why I wasn’t able to get that info from your pics.
My apologies for that.
Check your email a minute

Reactions: 1 users

1bad79

Royal Smart Person
Dec 3, 2011
Allendale mi
C2C4F6CB-2277-4E9D-B881-26D3563409E4.jpeg
Is this better I chose the full size image

• Informative

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Would you recommend trying to enlarge the idle mixture screw holes first and seeing if it’ll run before trying the bypass air mod? The bypass mod sounds like it might be a bit tricky to do.

1bad79

Royal Smart Person
Dec 3, 2011
Allendale mi
The idle tube restrictions are only going to let so much in,the opening of the mix screw will allow the screw to be out less if that makes sense I sent you more see if you can read through it

Reactions: 2 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
The idle tube restrictions are only going to let so much in,the opening of the mix screw will allow the screw to be out less if that makes sense I sent you more see if you can read through it

Gotcha.
I can now see and read everything you sent. I’ll be studying through all the info and experimenting with the changes to see what effect they have at each stage.

Thanks so much.

Reactions: 2 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
There’s some awesome info flowing now guys, thanks!!

Thanks for the info, it’s proving to be invaluable. I just pulled my carb back off and compared the underside of it to your pic, mine definitely does not have the bypass air ports you pointed out:

View attachment 90190

So now what does that mean? I’m I screwed already before I even get started?

I have 2 baseplates sitting here from the 80's and neither has the bypass air ports. If you want bypass air ports the easiest way to accomplish that is to drill a small hole in the throttle plates

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I have 2 baseplates sitting here from the 80's and neither has the bypass air ports. If you want bypass air ports the easiest way to accomplish that is to drill a small hole in the throttle plates

Yep, I just read that in the info 1bad79 sent me. They have to be in a specific location on the throttle blades, but it sounds like an easier mod to do than modifying the baseplate. I’ll have to see which I feel braver tackling when I get there.
(n)

1bad79

Royal Smart Person
Dec 3, 2011
Allendale mi
The bypass air seems to be hit or miss I have more with out than with and I’m reading the book now that may have to do with electric choke or hot air choke I have at least 30 plus cores here

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor