You aren't alone.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
What are you complaining about? Both your cars have (one color of) paint, running engines, and a garage to park them in. You’re way ahead of me...

...and I like the rims. Hard to find 16” tires anymore...

Reactions: 7 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Today was restock day for me. I'm still a miles or months guy, and I guess it works given that I haven't lost an engine yet.

I try to keep to engine families for my rides to keep interchangeable fluids. I've got it down to 4 sets:

My 3.8 buicks use 10-40 grade, one got it since 1983, always quaker state conventional. More recent years its a high mileage conventional with an additive, and the other 3.8s got on the same regimen.

The 3.7/5.0 mustangs both use the same Motorcraft filters and synthetic blend 5-20 oil.

The 5.0/5.7 Chevys use one filter, the i6 250 another, but all are running a 15-40 diesel grade oil,

The 496 is an outlier being one of a kind for now, getting its 5-30 blend, but, I expect to add another when the right one comes alone.

But was running low on oil, ended up dropping $276 and change on 50 quarts, including I grabbed a half dozen oil filters because the price was right. Sounds like a lot, but when you're using 6 - 7 qts per change it goes fast.

Sometime this week or weekend the yukon, a pair of the mustangs, and a pickup are due. The other half of the drivers will get their shot another week. 4 oil changes and systems checks will be more than enough for one day, especially since I've got to delve into a solenoid issue and dig into the a/c on one of them.

Reactions: 1 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
I know I forget where I put things and what I have.

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Best way to make the missing object reappear is to buy another one. And here’s another data point backing up my theorem...

• Agree
Reactions: 5 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
We certainly can be our own worst enemy at times. We're all guilty of misplacing stuff, and usually assume that we ran out of an item, when in fact we squirrel stuff away so we can't find it again. And of course, we end up reordering or repurchasing, only to find it again when we're not looking for it.
Don't feel bad, Ed. I think this symptom becomes worse as we age.:confused:

• Agree

Jakefromstatefarm

Master Mechanic
Feb 26, 2014
Reasons like this are why I have 15+ paint roller handles, and 5 paint roller handle extensions.

• Haha

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I had a Holley carb box that I thought had a disassembled spreadbore carb in it (which was in a different Holley box) and when I opened it up I found my new SBC frame mounts, misc. fasteners and fittings, new chrome vacuum canister etc. that was for my Regal engine install I did a couple years ago but couldn't find the stuff when I needed it so I reordered it, lately I have been using plain boxes and just writing on the side what is in it.
For me It is too many ongoing and future projects and not enough room for all the parts I order ahead of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor