Status
Not open for further replies.

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I found this on the Forum recently: http://t56cablespeedometer.com/

Thanks for the link Quinn, I’ve been keeping an eye peeled for just such a vendor/service.

I’m a bit confused by their wording tho, on the main page it says the conversion will fit LT1/LS1 which are Borg Warner transmissions, yet when you go to the actual page they provide a link to a TREMEC manual for disassembly which wasn’t the manufacturer for the T56 in factory cars.

WTF??

The Tremec and Borg Warner’s weren’t identical in their construction were they?

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Tremec bought Borg Warner. I think they are based in Mexico. If I recall correctly, the Tremec that became the TKO 500/600 and the like are based on a South American truck transmission. T5, T56, and TR6060 spare bits all show up in Tremec boxes...

• Informative
Reactions: 1 user

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Tremec bought Borg Warner. I think they are based in Mexico. If I recall correctly, the Tremec that became the TKO 500/600 and the like are based on a South American truck transmission. T5, T56, and TR6060 spare bits all show up in Tremec boxes...

Ahh, ok. That makes sense then. I wasn’t aware that Tremec had bought out B/W. I was just thinking if they’re offering a link to a manual for factory cars, then it should be from the OE manufacturer and not the aftermarket one.
I’m just trying to ensure this will indeed work for B/W’s and not for Tremec’s like almost EVERYTHING else out there.
🙄

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor