BUILD THREAD BACK TO HIGH SCHOOL=re creating my first car a 1979 Regal

Status
Not open for further replies.

HAFROD

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2013
Claremore, OKLAHOMA
So had an issue with the car stalling out and dying when putting it in gear. I've always had trouble with Q Jets doing this with a decent cam. This is why I went with the Jet Stage 2 Q Jet. I called Jet tech Monday. He said cams too big and that I needed a stall. He also said to send them the carb and they'd tweak it but no guarantee that it would fix it. I talked to several old school mechanics and they said I needed a stall. I just bolted on a carb adapter and a Holley 600. Now it does NOT die in gear. Imagine that. I had tried all different kinds of timing. I even tried adjusting the power piston in the Q Jet. Nothing changed the dying in gear. In a way, I'm happy that it won't die in gear but sucks losing the Q Jet

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
"Doesn't have the normal squeaks and rattles, because those parts aren't installed yet." One way to solve a common problem....😉

Sorry to see another one go. Your fastback was a rolling work of art.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Nice to see you back. Too bad you don't get to enjoy that car. You saved it though. Good luck on the business venture. Also, the work on the 55 looks amazing!

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor