Back To The Regal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 4, 2012
How? They don't have to build it, just bore it and cam bearings. The processes are the same. just the buick bore is smaller by .2. And buicks all they have to do is make sure the rods and mains are no bigger than .002. If they can't do that well then... you know. If you got that one friend willing, take him up on it. Every thing short of boring and cam bearings you can do yourself.

They won't warrant the engine if they don't assemble it. Sure, I could assemble it myself, but what if it throws a rod shortly after like yours did? Then I'm out my money, and I'm in no better of a spot than I am now.

Even if I do assemble it myself, it will take me a lot longer than it would to just buy a motor and drop it in. I want to have this thing up and running sooner than later. The one machine shop has a 350 Chevy 4 bolt truck motor that's .030 and has a mild cam in it, and is complete carb to pan, and he wants $1800 for it. Belonged to a customer who never paid for it. I think at this point, I'd buy that before I put money into the Buick engine.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
They won't warrant the engine if they don't assemble it. Sure, I could assemble it myself, but what if it throws a rod shortly after like yours did? Then I'm out my money, and I'm in no better of a spot than I am now.

Even if I do assemble it myself, it will take me a lot longer than it would to just buy a motor and drop it in. I want to have this thing up and running sooner than later. The one machine shop has a 350 Chevy 4 bolt truck motor that's .030 and has a mild cam in it, and is complete carb to pan, and he wants $1800 for it. Belonged to a customer who never paid for it. I think at this point, I'd buy that before I put money into the Buick engine.
Didn't throw a rod, spun a bearing. Engine still ran fine and had 60psi, oddly enough. That was from my own stupidity. I didn't install the front oil galley plugs. As long as you don't do that, you'll be fine. I gotta tell you, it's nice to say I built the engine in my car and it's a BUICK, but I guess it's upto you. As pretty as your car looks sittin still, it'd look better moving under it's own power.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
And I broke that engine in with no oil pressure, and flogged it (after I fixed the problem) mercilessly for 5500 miles. I was at full throttle for 5 minutes on the highway once. 135mph was fast enough for me. If you do get rid of the 350 Buick, hang onto the qjet and throttle bracket for me. You could get $200 ish out of the rest, you'd have better luck selling it on the v8 Buick forum. Which you're on if I remember right.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Stay on target!

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Nov 4, 2012
I really just want it back on the road again. I hate seeing it sit under a cover and collect dust in the garage. At this point, Buick, Chevy, I don't care, its all GM. It would be nice to put my own motor together, but my patience is at an all-time low. I want it now, now, now!!! Lol

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
ct6ozc1.jpg

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
Nov 4, 2012
Stay on target!

What if it's a moving target? Lol, anymore, "target" is to have the thing up and running reliably with a motor that I can eventually do some power upgrades with, sounding good and looking tidy under the hood. It just needs to get on the road.

Reactions: 1 user

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
What if it's a moving target? Lol, anymore, "target" is to have the thing up and running reliably with a motor that I can eventually do some power upgrades with, sounding good and looking tidy under the hood. It just needs to get on the road.
Buick 350s sound great. They make aluminum intakes for em. That's about it for bolt ons. It's all in the head porting for Buicks until the aluminum heads come out. If there are guys running 12s in all steel skylarks with .450 lift cammed SBBs, they can be real performers. Of course you can't go to the local dime store and buy an aluminum top end for a Buick like you can a chevy, but tat's the trade off.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
The donor vehicle can work out pretty well if you shop around and don't limit yourself to Gbody's, I bought an 83' Buick LeSabre a couple years ago for that purpose it had a 350 SBC swap with Edelbrock RPM aluminum heads and intake and a built 350C trans and by the time I sold off everything I got the drive train for free and still made a couple hundred above that and I also took the power steering.
Here is one of the few videos that the seller had.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor