Bad mechanic rant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

custom442

Royal Smart Person
Jul 4, 2008
Houston
see you say that but its hard to fathom what they can get from you and your family. Law is sick, its a sincerely ****ing sick business I stay as far away from it as possible. I agree with the guys who say get out there and talk to him personally an apology goes a very long way. Tell him you were under pressure from work/commuting or whatever you shouldn't have put that on kijiji or make up something like your dad was in the hospital and made you lose your head. See if that works, see if he can at least fix the engine to get it in proper and safe working order. Then never go to him again for warranty or anything and bad mouth him to every person you know by word of mouth. If your wife/fiance/girlfriend/friend/sister etc has a nice rack let her get done up and go talk to him about getting some of the things you originally paid for, would be surprised how often that works.

G-Body_Vet

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 15, 2010
Other than going to get the car after you were impatient with him dragging his feet; did you happen to point out or tell him how everything was all f*cked up?

This whole thing is just ugly. Honestly you need to ride this guy's *ss until things are right. Maybe try the BBB if he wants to continue to be a pain in the *ss? As a consumer this is just bad business. You were taken for a ride when you paid for an undelivered service. I think you should talk with this guy face to face, tell him your reasoning behind the way things turned out and make an attempt to resolve it before getting a 3rd party involved.

It's time for a gut check on your end and an integrity check for him. The online slander and bitching to us isn't fixing the problem. You never know, he might change his tone if you confront him in a TACTFUL manner and let him know you felt like you were getting jerked around. Sure it's an uncomfortable situation but sometimes we gotta do things the old school way and talk face to face. I hope you get it figured out brother. Good luck.

Phoenyx

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
Alberta, Canada
He claims he did nothing wrong and the car is fine. He even goes as far as saying he was so nice to give me such a good deal. And taking it back to him isn't in the plans, not so it can just sit at his shop for another 10 of not being worked on.

And I already filed a complaint with the BBB, just waiting on my reply. I have heard that he has actually spent quite a bit of time in court over stuff like this.

And don't forget, I'm up in Canada. Lawsuits aren't nearly as easy up here as they are in the US.

And how is it slander if it's all true?

"slan·der

verb /ˈslandər/ 
slandered, past participle; slandered, past tense; slandering, present participle; slanders, 3rd person singular present

Make false and damaging statements about (someone)
- they were accused of slandering the head of state"

Phoenyx

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
Alberta, Canada
And I have a question for you guys. Do brand new torque converters come shipped full of fluid? Because my 'new' uninstalled on is full of fluid.

custom442

Royal Smart Person
Jul 4, 2008
Houston
Phoenyx, slander doesn't mean 'false' that definition is incorrect in terms of law. Slander is spoken libel. Libel is defamation, there are levels of each one. Generally, I'm no lawyer, when you defame a business or professional there's not a whole lot of damages that can come up against you. When you put the defamation in an advertisement, then you've stepped up the bar. Doesn't matter if what you said was true or not, the intent was there and he can get damages off you. The truth is going to be very hard to prove, if this guy is such a liar in the first place, he's going to lie in court and same for his attorney and witnesses.

man you're having a sh*t ton of problems. new TC's don't have atf

Phoenyx

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
Alberta, Canada
But the proof is under the hood (that he didn't even mount properly). The bill states purchase of engine and installation with warranty, all new belts and hoses (but it still has the old ones on), and to be tuned (but I don't know, do you need the vacuum line hooked to the distributor at all for this? Because the rubber plug it came with is still on). Not to mention the fact he threw all the greasy a/c stuff on my back seat and no doubt stained it (I haven't touched the car except to move it and put a new battery in since I got it back. I want to leave it just as it was when I got it back). And the shifter linkage starts to hit the headers in 2nd gear. These are just the painfully obvious things that are easy to see.

I'm not trying to argue with any of you, and I appreciate the advice. Just want to try to let you see it all from my point of view. I plan to make a video of it this weekend and I'll post it here so you can see what I'm talking about.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
custom442 said:
Law is sick, its a sincerely ****ing sick business I stay as far away from it as possible.

it's not sick, it just another game and you need to know the rules to play in it. I don't stay away from it or I'd go broke. Phoenyx is correct with his defence to the libel (libel is printed, slander is spoken with the exception if it's a radio broadcast, then it's libel). Phoenyx needs to take his vehicle to another licensed mechanic to have an expert opinion on what was done wrong before the vehicle is repaired. I don't care if Pheonyx has a verbal agreement with the first mechanic. If the work was done improperly no one is going to think that's what Pheonyx asked for.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
custom442 said:
If your wife/fiance/girlfriend/friend/sister etc has a nice rack let her get done up and go talk to him about getting some of the things you originally paid for, would be surprised how often that works.
My wife gets waaaay better treatment than I do in these situations.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
DRIVEN said:
custom442 said:
If your wife/fiance/girlfriend/friend/sister etc has a nice rack let her get done up and go talk to him about getting some of the things you originally paid for, would be surprised how often that works.
My wife gets waaaay better treatment than I do in these situations.

now that is great advise.. :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor