Battery Dying After Engine Swap

Status
Not open for further replies.

1984CuttySupreme

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 26, 2010
Altamonte Springs, FL
So I've taken the car to a different shop. The first thing they found was the alternator was only putting out 12 amps instead of 14 so they replaced that. And they said whoever installed the rebuilt motor just rigged it up just enough so it'll fire up. They said all the ground straps are not hooked up so they're going over the whole thing to get it wired up correctly. They'll have to figure out the AC problem once all that is taken care of.

carmangary

G-Body Guru
Oct 13, 2009
1984CuttySupreme said:
So I've taken the car to a different shop. The first thing they found was the alternator was only putting out 12 amps instead of 14 so they replaced that.

You mean volts.

1984CuttySupreme

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 26, 2010
Altamonte Springs, FL
carmangary said:
1984CuttySupreme said:
So I've taken the car to a different shop. The first thing they found was the alternator was only putting out 12 amps instead of 14 so they replaced that.

You mean volts.

lol I'm learnin!

1984CuttySupreme

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 26, 2010
Altamonte Springs, FL
Doober said:
Sounds like you found a better shop this time around 8)

Yea I picked up the car today, the charging system seems good to go now. Everything electrical is running strong. The only issue now is the AC. I explain that situation in my AC thread lol.

jrm81bu

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 9, 2008
Antwerp, OH
1984CuttySupreme said:
Doober said:
Sounds like you found a better shop this time around 8)

Yea I picked up the car today, the charging system seems good to go now. Everything electrical is running strong. The only issue now is the AC. I explain that situation in my AC thread lol.

Glad to hear. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor