Battery Tray

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I'm looking for a battery tray I can use on the ledge in the trunk. I am trying to find one that uses a pinch clamp like the stock ones in the engine compartment but I've come up empty. Any of you know where I can find one or if they even exist. Thanks..... :)

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Why not use a stock one for the rear mount?

I did think of that but I want a flat bottom.....I guess I could cut it and weld a flat plate to it...

battery-tray-1978-88-el-caminomontecarlomaliburegal-reproduction-pz00841.jpg

Reactions: 1 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
found what I need, comes from a 1999 to 2006 GMC trucks.....I just have to trim off the part circled in read and touch up the bare edge. I will be starting a thread about how to blend the touch up so it will be the same color and texture as the rest of the tray.

71si2gLAgOL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
IMO for a trunk mount application I would want a bracket going over the top of the battery and then secured to the tray rather than a pinch clamp on one edge.

• Agree

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
IMO for a trunk mount application I would want a bracket going over the top of the battery and then secured to the tray rather than a pinch clamp on one edge.

Thanks for your suggestion, It's a dry cell and the back edge is held in place with a lip so I don't think I'll have any issues. It'll be better than what I have now and it stays in place

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor