BBC swap hood clearance, 2in cowl hood?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mc1984ss

Master Mechanic
May 18, 2020
My question is does the ac all work and can you get the valve covers on and off? I have the big booster and ac and a set of tall moroso valve covers I’d like to use. Yours appear taller.
The tall moroso valve covers probably will not be able to be removed without notching the heater box. On mine I could get the pass side valve cover on and off no problem as long as I used valve covers that weren't tall and had a angled edges. This was with a AC box. Unfortunately when I switched to the heat only box I decided to go with a taller valve cover and.... I had to notch the box. If it still had the AC box in the car I expect the results would have been the same. I also could no longer use a valve cover stud on the lower back corner to aid in valve cover removal. I'm sorry this probably isn't what you want to hear just trying to help. Also sorry for hijacking the thread

Reactions: 1 user

bracketchev1221

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2018
The tall moroso valve covers probably will not be able to be removed without notching the heater box. On mine I could get the pass side valve cover on and off no problem as long as I used valve covers that weren't tall and had a angled edges. This was with a AC box. Unfortunately when I switched to the heat only box I decided to go with a taller valve cover and.... I had to notch the box. If it still had the AC box in the car I expect the results would have been the same. I also could no longer use a valve cover stud on the lower back corner to aid in valve cover removal. I'm sorry this probably isn't what you want to hear just trying to help. Also sorry for hijacking the thread
No it’s fine. I have a set of stock chevy black covers that I was planning to use with spacers to clear the roller rockers. But I also have a set of chrome Moroso covers that I hoped would fit.

Mhael

Apprentice
Jan 19, 2017
Not sure if this helps or not, but my valve covers are 3.75 inches tall and I notched my box as much as a could towards the core inside. It's tighter on the backside towards the firewall, but it doesn't touch. Pretty sure I could get the valve cover off, but the lower valve cover bolt is definitely a little more difficult to access than the others. Hard to tell anything from the picture, but its the best I could manage to get.

Attachments

• 20220422_135050.jpg
    20220422_135050.jpg
    708.6 KB · Views: 89
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor