Best headliner glue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonnewagon

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
That would be a great idea if they made it. As for the glue my buddy had to deal with the sagging headliner in his Mom's Cutlass Cierra. He said he used his Mom's old lady hairspray to glue it back up and it worked great. You make a little razor slice, spray the hair spray up in there, and press it back into place. He said the cheapest stickiest brand worked the best.

Reactions: 1 user

Ugly1

Royal Smart Person
Oct 26, 2021
Lost in the woods of NH
That would be a great idea if they made it. As for the glue my buddy had to deal with the sagging headliner in his Mom's Cutlass Cierra. He said he used his Mom's old lady hairspray to glue it back up and it worked great. You make a little razor slice, spray the hair spray up in there, and press it back into place. He said the cheapest stickiest brand worked the best.
I actually started a thread as to if someone can/ will make it. They already do the Malibu coupe and are in California. So I shot them a email.

Longroof79

G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Longroof79 - have you or anyone you know thoughts of getting a mold made to make the wagon headliners?
Hey man, I'm sorry. I just found this now. To answer your question, no, I've never even considered, nor do I know anyone that took on this endeavor. It would be interesting though.

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Don't buy this stuff, absolutely worthless.
Permatex-Headliner-Adhesive-16.75-OZ-27828-1-1.jpg

• Informative

Longroof79

G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I'm also on the verge of redoing my headliner again. Frankly, from what I ascertained , the fabric that I used seemed to prematurely deteriorate. At least the foam backing gave up the ghost. I think I recovered the headliner almost 8 yrs ago. The car is garaged and does not sit out in the sun. The roof has added insulation as well. I have some scrap pieces of the fabric that I used and noticed the foam falling apart as well. I was wondering if I should bother contacting the dealer that I purchased the fabric from and see if they'll make good on new fabric. I bought other fabric from them to redo my Oldsmobile's headliner. That seems to be fine and holding like it should. Even the scrap fabric from that job is not deteriorating.
Any suggestions as to get some satisfaction from them without sounding like a whiner?
As to headliner glue. I'm also in the market for another product.
I notice a product by Dap/ Weldwood referred as landau top and trim adhesive. https://www.dap.com/products-projec...dhesives/contact-cement/weldwood-high-streng/ It comes in spray cans and gallon containers. A gallon is way more than I'll ever need, I was hoping that it came in quart size cans. I was thinking of spraying on the adhesive using one of my old siphon feed spray guns.
The adhesive I used last time was a product that the dealer sold. I noticed that they no longer sell that product. I'm think it was probably an inferior product.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor