• IMG_0878.JPG
    IMG_0878.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 235
Reactions: 4 users

1983calais

Master Mechanic
Feb 26, 2015
Tiffin, OH
Not sure what color your Monte is but I have the polished aluminum Boyd Junkyard Dogs. They are 18 x 8 inch wheels with mickey Thompson sportsman tires. Look at my avatar pic. They fill the wheel well nice and I think the car looks great! It took me forever to choose a set of wheels. I think I looked at every wheel ever made about 10 times. I finally decided on these and I love the look. Jegs has a wheel simulator that you can actually look at cars with different wheels to help you choose. Type in Monte carlo, the color and go through the list of wheels and try em all! You will pick the right ones for your car and your taste. Good luck!!

• Winner
Reactions: 1 users

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
You all are forgetting about Torque Thrust's! They look good on about any car.
20170707_193557.jpg

• Agree
  • Winner
Reactions: 9 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Not sure what color your Monte is but I have the polished aluminum Boyd Junkyard Dogs. They are 18 x 8 inch wheels with mickey Thompson sportsman tires. Look at my avatar pic. They fill the wheel well nice and I think the car looks great! It took me forever to choose a set of wheels. I think I looked at every wheel ever made about 10 times. I finally decided on these and I love the look. Jegs has a wheel simulator that you can actually look at cars with different wheels to help you choose. Type in Monte carlo, the color and go through the list of wheels and try em all! You will pick the right ones for your car and your taste. Good luck!!
Yep, choosing wheels is tough!!! I went through the same process as you...narrow it down to a handful, then look at them a bunch! I have these puppies in boxes waiting for rubber. 17x7 front and 17x8 rear....
20171005_203631.png

Reactions: 7 users

Michael Watts

Master Mechanic
Dec 12, 2017
It like blondes brunets and redheads. It all personal choice and the "look" you want for the car.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Those are going to look really sharp on the Cutty Scott!
Thanks Kevin! It only took me about two months to decide on them before I bought 'em lol!!! I've got the tires picked out, but need some trans parts for the 4L80 first. Once the trans is ready I can get that and the engine finally dropped into the car. Donovan has been on my *ss about getting tires, but I want the drivetrain in first lol!

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
Thanks Kevin! It only took me about two months to decide on them before I bought 'em lol!!! I've got the tires picked out, but need some trans parts for the 4L80 first. Once the trans is ready I can get that and the engine finally dropped into the car. Donovan has been on my *ss about getting tires, but I want the drivetrain in first lol!

I can understand it could take some time to decide on what rims to run! Being an old fart I've always been partial to a factory rally wheel...but do realize that they're not for everyone. That and 14" as most were equipped with, are pretty much dinosaurs now. It would be nice to get the drivetrain in and buttoned up, there will be time for tires no doubt. Have you decided on what your going with or do you want to keep that under wraps for now?

Reactions: 2 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Shhhhh, not so loud... Don't call a '91-92 car an "IROC". the '91-92 Z28 owners get all bent out of shape... not that there was too many of them.

I remember in fall of '90 when the first '91 showed up at the track and all the former IROC owners who had all traded them in on 5.0L's were rolling there eyes and the guy cracks off an 8.90 1/8 mile, totally stock. Everyone was wondering where this GM had been for the last 5 year. If Chevy build the '91 cars in '87 - and they could have, the 5.0L phenomenon may have never happened.

We miss our 91 Z28. :( One of the first things changed (after the blown motor) was the wheels to C4 Corvette sawblades, and later GTA crosslace wheels. Basically any stock style or period correct wheel will work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor