Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
  • Agree
Reactions: 1 user

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
As I have stated before I always use Trend pushrods for my BBC but for a SBC if you are using guideplates any name brand 1 piece hardened .080 wall pushrod will do the job.
I have Howards in my 355 SBC because I got them at a great price but like many aftermarket parts I wouldn't be surprised if many pushrods out there are re branded Trend pushrods since they also do custom etching.

I have Trend in my HCI LS1, they were super pricey buying directly (even with a small military discount). I managed to get some rebranded Trends (they make lots of units for everyone) from Frankenstein on sale last year (standard LS length). Nice one piece units for sure.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I have Trend in my HCI LS1, they were super pricey buying directly (even with a small military discount). I managed to get some rebranded Trends (they make lots of units for everyone) from Frankenstein on sale last year (standard LS length). Nice one piece units for sure.
When I bought my last set I didn't feel they were pricey for the BBC but for me direct means driving 7 miles and walking in and buying them so that might make a difference

Reactions: 1 user

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Best Push Rods? - straight ones

I've used Gen 1 ones from Competition Products (house brand), Manley. All of the LS push rods I've sourced from BTR. All of these a re made by someone other than the retailer. But none of them have failed. For an aftermarket push rod to fail when installed correctly in the correct application, it takes a genuine POS IMO.

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor