Best security methods?

Status
Not open for further replies.

maximus84

Master Mechanic
Aug 8, 2008
Fidalgo Island,Washington
kingcolbert83 said:
Hey guys you do know you can use a boost mobile phone for gps security. Its way cheaper than these other systems and really .35 a day. Internet is automatically deducted from the daily account. Plus you can hide it anywhere in the car and nobody will know about it, so you dont have to worry about a shop installing it.
Can you track your own phone online? :?: That used to be law enforcemant access only

kingcolbert83

G-Body Guru
Mar 26, 2008
yup and its free. Im still working out all the kinks before I do mine. I actually seen it on ebay. I read the ad and caught on to what they were doing and did my own google research and came across it. I only need to figure out a better site where I can set up speed parameters and guardzones(zones that if a vehicle leaves from that area it will text me). I also need to figure how to forward text from the gps boost phone thats in the car to my actual phone I use.

http://cgi.ebay.com/BEST-REAL-TIME-GPS- ... 286.c0.m14

That is the original I found. Just read it and you will see what they are doing. Like I said I just need to find a tracking site that has those features for free.

http://www.instamapper.com/diy.html

This is what I found after doing a little 5 min searching. I am sure there is a update somewhere online but you can go from here.

I had a link for a diy immobilizer but cant find it. I was also trying to take the diy immobilizer and place one under the hood of my car that would trigger an alarm if the hood was opened.

kingcolbert83

G-Body Guru
Mar 26, 2008
maximus84 said:

Yea. Exactly what I was looking for with a good price. This is the reason I love this site. Members coming together to help each other. If you have a phone with internet access(who doesnt) then if you go into the mall you could quickly set up your buffer or safety zones. This is my next security item I am doing for sure. I have my removable steering wheel, kill switches. Now I just need this and probably a wheel lock to hopefully deter the thieves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor