Best security methods?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
That is why I am very reluctant to give out any personal information online that can be read by everyone. I also have thought about putting a forum sticker on my back window, but thought again as anyone seeing it would then be able to read all the details of my car and do a little window shopping before deciding to steal it. After all, if they see the back of the car, they also see my tag. Running the tag means they can see where I live. I hate to be paranoid, but we live in a world full of garbage people who think of no one but themselves.

Doober

Royal Smart Person
Apr 8, 2007
Swartz Creek, MI/Tucson, AZ
I usually block out the plate # on mine. Also any security measures I plan on taking, I try to stay somewhat general in my description, because if you give specifics, it gives away the security part :p

3XBrownCutty

Royal Smart Person
Mar 20, 2008
NW PA
same.... I stay general in terms, not, hey where should I hide this switch/brain guys?? It's too easy to figure out info. about someone these days.

maximus84

Master Mechanic
Aug 8, 2008
Fidalgo Island,Washington
I bought an alarm system that includes paging,starter kill,& internet tracking.If someone does get the car,I know where to go to get it back...shotgun in hand :twisted:

79malibu

Master Mechanic
Jul 30, 2007
south dakota
care to shed any light of where to find this tracking system? where did you get it and how $$$$?

maximus84

Master Mechanic
Aug 8, 2008
79malibu said:
care to shed any light of where to find this tracking system? where did you get it and how $$$$?
Since its been sitting around uninstalled for awhile,because I cant afford a pro install rite now ,its dated now possibly because there are even better units out maybe.But its features seemed like what I need to track a classic car ,just in case.Its an Autopage C/3 RS-727-LCD unit with 2-way Datalink. Heres links that describes it-> http://www.beachautosound.com/autopage_ ... 27lcd.html --- http://www.autopageusa.com/t_inside.cfm ... 5b69298e0d

leftrightother

Apprentice
Mar 14, 2009
Canada
79malibu said:

I use the Snitch from Blackline and I have been really happy with it. It looks like they changed the name of it and are now calling it Entourage PS.

http://blacklinegps.com/

I see they now offer Entourage CIS but I never used it so I am not sure how it works.

maximus84

Master Mechanic
Aug 8, 2008
leftrightother said:
79malibu said:

I use the Snitch from Blackline and I have been really happy with it. It looks like they changed the name of it and are now calling it Entourage PS.

http://blacklinegps.com/

I see they now offer Entourage CIS but I never used it so I am not sure how it works.
That looks cool,too! Might be enough to throw into any car,by itself.

kingcolbert83

G-Body Guru
Mar 26, 2008
Hey guys you do know you can use a boost mobile phone for gps security. Its way cheaper than these other systems and really .35 a day. Internet is automatically deducted from the daily account. Plus you can hide it anywhere in the car and nobody will know about it, so you dont have to worry about a shop installing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor