Best shocks for G-Bodies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

1984-monte-carlo-ss

G-Body Guru
May 30, 2011
Long Island, New York
anybody have any suggestions? i just want it to ride nice and to keep it stock height but i also was thinking about lowering the front end a little bit

rocket355

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 27, 2011
I put Billistein's on my '78 Cutlass - love the ride...Try the Shock Warehouse, they're prices are reasonable.

PS - I hear the Edelbrock's are good too

dogsht

Royal Smart Person
Nov 11, 2008
Dayton, OH
ditto

mebe007

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia
bilstien hd on my ride

bigdan

Master Mechanic
Oct 3, 2007
st-jean baptiste ,quebec,
are the bilstein stiffer then the KYB gas a just ?

mebe007

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia
I don't know about stiffer but its like comparing apples and oranges. Bilstiens and kyb are in 2 different leagues. The bilstiens are better valves that's for sure. You can compare say the Edelbrock ias and bilstiens but there is no comparison with the kyb

bigdan

Master Mechanic
Oct 3, 2007
I wanted to install some koni`s but they are no longer available

• Winner
Reactions: 1 user

dogsht

Royal Smart Person
Nov 11, 2008
Dayton, OH
Bought cheap yellow shocks, KYBs, and Koni's in the past. Was not impressed with the cheap shocks or the KYBs. Edelbrock ISAs or Bilsteins now. Big Dan you should put up some pics of your ride in your photos section. Its an interesting build. Ever see what she will do in the quarter mile or mileage wise?

bigdan

Master Mechanic
Oct 3, 2007
being a bit too rerfectionnist ,I have a hard time to believe that my car could interest anybody ...
but I will .....

is there a special section just for pics ?
thanks Vern ! you`re motivating me to do so !

Dan ,

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor