Big block 396cid?? coming up for sale

Ugly1

Royal Smart Person
Oct 26, 2021
Lost in the woods of NH
Have a friend with a possible 396cid?? was in a "pulling truck" ,that I think was just pulling trailers from the sounds of it,was a 283cid truck he said, back in mid-70's. His brother passed and he was mid rebuild of the motor. It's a 2 bolt main motor possibly out of an Impala. I have him getting the numbers on the block and heads( the most helpful of info). The crank is frozen in the block. Is there any interest out there for someone? It's in New England and will take a week or so for him to get back where the block is for the numbers. I told him best to bring it homeand try FB Market Place. There a lot of not sure's here and he's a Ford man so not keeping it. He wrote “

Hey know anyone else into big block Chevy's?
My Brother had this collection. Everything to build one many new summit parts. 3 sets of heads two just redone in bags. Block is stuck and only 2 bolt. New cam. Black bla bla”
Resized_20231226_183028.jpeg
Resized_20231226_183034.jpeg
Resized_20231226_183104.jpeg
Resized_20231226_182959.jpeg

Last edited:

86LK

Royal Smart Person
Jul 23, 2018
I'm on the Impala forum and some of those guys want period correct date stamps, etc

Reactions: 1 user

86LK

Royal Smart Person
Jul 23, 2018
Once I get some numbers I’ll let you know!
there are also guys on the Corvette forums (not me) that also want date correct castings for their project. I've never understood why the anal retentiveness because I doubt they'll be doing a teardown at the judging to see how 'original' it is

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
there are also guys on the Corvette forums (not me) that also want date correct castings for their project. I've never understood why the anal retentiveness because I doubt they'll be doing a teardown at the judging to see how 'original' it is
With vette guys they actually pay to have an inspection/certification done on their cars for correctness which, once they attain their certification and judging score they then present that as part of their showing package presentation when they do enter shows...

Reactions: 2 users

86LK

Royal Smart Person
Jul 23, 2018
With vette guys they actually pay to have an inspection/certification done on their cars for correctness which, once they attain their certification and judging score they then present that as part of their showing package presentation when they do enter shows...
geeeeez....still.........

• Agree

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
All about the prize and money. Bigger the trophies ( cough)
Word has it the car compensates for the "trophy"..why I'm down where the heat is to avoid shrinkage. Need all the heat I can get.. ;)

20211127_210825.jpg

• Winner

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor