magoo_oner

Master Mechanic
Oct 19, 2010
Stockton
Sounds good to me u got any more work into the wagon since you got back

Ringers

Greasemonkey
Dec 7, 2011
Naw, we got home around noon, Sunday and were thashed from the drive! We drove straight down to to Newport Beach, it was 15 hour drive. We arrived at 5:00 A.M. We lost the cat on the dually, had to have a new one welded in down in Van Nuys, at King Muffler. Grabbed a burger and our Jetboat buddies took us out and made us consume copious amounts of Alcohol, over at Cassidy's on Balboa. we got back to their pad around 2:30 A.M.. Back up at 7:00 headed down to the boardwalk for breakfast and out to Riverside for some fuel tanks. We ran back to B1 Racing, snagged the boat and headed up to Fresno for some superchargers. (You saw them. Huge blowers for Alcohol Drag motors) We then stopped off at your place and kept right on going. It took 19 hours to get home. Man, we crashed HARD. Needed the sleep. Just now cleaning the shop, getting ready to pull the instrument cluster out...
Pics will follow!

Ringers

Greasemonkey
Dec 7, 2011
Hey Guys! sh*t! Been SUPER busy! We are in the final throws of setting up our shop. the only thing left is elecrical and some restroom construction.

2012-06-23_07-00-11_188.jpg

Bought a swing Jib crane from an aircraft maintenace shop up the road

2012-06-23_08-12-01_753.jpg

We have some top secret stuff going on already. this is a 74 Jag that I wound up with, but can't say where it's headed yet, but let's just say, it hauls the mail with a new Wieand Blower on the small block!

2012-07-04_13-24-42_788.jpg

On to the real reason though. My 82, when I picked it up had a v-6 with new lowering springs. When I stuffed the Big Block into it, it's too low now. I need some stock height springs for the front, does anybody have a set they are willing to part with? Will buy/trade or whatever needs to happen...
Thanks! Matt

AndrewMrChevy

Apprentice
Dec 4, 2011
Lima, Ohio
I saw your ride in Hot Rod with Facebook. Nice build. Last Year I completed an install of a 95 Corvette LT1 in a 92 Toyota Land Cruiser, big fun!

Ringers

Greasemonkey
Dec 7, 2011
LMAO, Andrew! I'm not on Facebook, cuz I'm a crotchety old b*st*rd, but I guess today, I give in. We recently set up an official shop to keep me off the streets! Finnegan and Freiburger are hilarious to deal with and they talked me into deivering the Jag to San Fran for the Draguar conversion. 13 hours of pure road hell, Darin drove my Tahoe down as we sold it to Blaze, another local nut job. I had only owned the Jag for a few weeks and was down in New Mexico, when the phone rang, laying out their plans for my destiny. You can't say no to those guys, believe me. I said screw it and jumped in that old hag, without so much as a lugwrench for tools, I mean, NOTHING! We were up for 36 hours straight before we hit the local Deluxe Hotel. just got back from the airport, you can see more of what we do, over at Facebook, under White Flag Racing Motorsports! Rock On!!

AndrewMrChevy

Apprentice
Dec 4, 2011
Lima, Ohio
Rock'On I would have done the same! Being in Korea it is a blast to watch all the builds, while doing a few here myself. I know those two are crazy, you are right, well worth the change of plans!

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Ringers said:
We have some top secret stuff going on already. this is a 74 Jag that I wound up with, but can't say where it's headed yet, but let's just say, it hauls the mail with a new Wieand Blower on the small block!
2012-07-04_13-24-42_788.jpg
Seems like this is going to deserve it's own thread in the non-G section. You have my attention.

Ringers

Greasemonkey
Dec 7, 2011
Been Rollin HARD lately. Just got back from Texasa/New Mexico and tossed in some QA-1's and Big Blosk rated springs from Global West. I was going to install doublers on the lower A frames, cuz with the adjustable shocks, all the weight of the car is now riding on the shock mount area. I installed the shocks inside, rather than from the outside. (Inserted the shocks into the springs) With the springs at their lowest setting and the shocks on setting 3, it is now level and handles great! I have tomonitor the lower A arms, to make sure I don't get any distortion, so I will. I'll get a bunch of cool pictures up this week! We have a fairly large post Labor day bash coming up, supposed to be around 60 boats there. Hit Whiteflagracing.com and click on the Draguar video for a good little clip. We weren't on the video for long, but hung out and helped with the build all night! There's more in store for the car, but i can't say what. Sworn to secrecy!! Later!

Ringers

Greasemonkey
Dec 7, 2011
Okay. I have a few spare. Last night, I finished the TransGo shift kit install. I'm not a regular trans guy, so the 6 hour estimate, I took with a grain. It took me a good 4 to install, after you mindf**k yourself on technicalities. Called a friend in Spokane that does performance transmission stuff. He tells me to throw the 2-4 springs away and shim the servos to flush with the plate. I'm like WTF??!! He calls me all kinds of reprehensible names, I comply. Drove the Wagon to lake Stevens and it worked flawless! Trans works excellent. I do not have the lockup feature wired yet, but will tomorrow. Worked on the boat today. Scored a 115 MPH speedo for the wagon, gave the QA-1's a 1 click up, no bottoming now!
So I'm in New Mexico doing a job, my wife has the windows in the wagon tinted while I'm away! WOW! She obviously Loves me!! Here's a few pics! Rock on you clowns! Shop is Busy, Mardon is a week away and I'm stoked!

2012-09-02_15-58-23_598.jpg

2012-09-01_18-27-56_710.jpg

The shop-
2012-08-13_11-19-51_391.jpg

Racing at Lakeside
2012-08-16_17-56-38_510.jpg

Turning the Rotors for my Blower
2012-08-27_15-08-06_585.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor