Blazer brake upgrade question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Happy camper

Master Mechanic
Nov 21, 2016
San Dimas Ca.
Thanks for all the info, my mind was spinning with all the lideas i have for my project but with the help from this forum i have a plan of atack.

Reactions: 1 users

CutSupreme

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 10, 2018
NE Illinois
I did the brake swap last year but I have a manual master cylinder and with the car on the dyno it seems like there is almost no rear brakes and the drums didn't want to stop spinning. Everything was bled out correctly. Any recommendations on a master cylinder to use? Thanks! First post btw but been a long time reader and appreciate all the help and advice.

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
I did the brake swap last year but I have a manual master cylinder and with the car on the dyno it seems like there is almost no rear brakes and the drums didn't want to stop spinning. Everything was bled out correctly. Any recommendations on a master cylinder to use? Thanks! First post btw but been a long time reader and appreciate all the help and advice.
It couldn't have been bled properly if the rears are out of adjustment and don't work. Adjust the shoes, and bleed it again.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
I just switched my rear brakes to disc.... new lines , new disc to disc proportioning valve..... any tricks to bleeding the brakes for the 1st time .

Don't laugh but make sure the bleeders are at the top of the caliper and not the bottom.
If doing it on the ground I prefer to have the rear of the car higher than the front.
PS rear first and use a mity-vac type of vacuum ( $20 at HF ) to pull the fluid. Using the pedal pump method with dry lines you could trip the prop-valve
Keep an eye on the reservoir and don't let it run dry.

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users

Jackdiablo

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 9, 2018
Louisville, Kentucky
Don't laugh but make sure the bleeders are at the top of the caliper and not the bottom.
If doing it on the ground I prefer to have the rear of the car higher than the front.
PS rear first and use a mity-vac type of vacuum ( $20 at HF ) to pull the fluid. Using the pedal pump method with dry lines you could trip the prop-valve
Keep an eye on the reservoir and don't let it run dry.

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
first, i just gravity bleed the system. check fluid level. then i pump it up and gravity bleed it again. check fluid level. perform proper two person bleed. check fluid level. done.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor