Blazer brake upgrade question

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I guess I should have measured. The swap is done on my car and if there is a difference it's not evident to the naked eye.

If it gives you a wider track it will have a better chance to rub on the sway bar and the plastic wheel housing in the back on full lock. The F body spindles I use put the wheels out about 1/2" on each side and that was noticeable on a full lock

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
If it gives you a wider track it will have a better chance to rub on the sway bar and the plastic wheel housing in the back on full lock. The F body spindles I use put the wheels out about 1/2" on each side and that was noticeable on a full lock
A wider track would make it more prone to rub the sway bar? Seems like the opposite would be true.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
A wider track would make it more prone to rub the sway bar? Seems like the opposite would be true.

It's similar to the effect of installing a longer pitman arm. You get more travel with the same input. I should point out I forgot my set up is different. I have no stops in my steering box. The stops on the lower control arm didn't help so I removed them and put adjustable stops.

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
Wider Track is less prone to rub the Frame and sway bar, but more prone to rub the fender lip and back of the inner fender.

Choosing a wheel offset that DOESN'T rub the fender lip and back of the inner fender is what causes more frame and sway bar rub.

I run 3rd gen F-body "rear" wheel offsets (+16mm) on the front because "fronts" (zero offset) rub the fenders.

81msw79

Master Mechanic
May 5, 2013
roselle park , nj
98 and up s-series blazer 2wd is the only truck you can pull the bakes from.any trim package of the blazer will have 4wheel disc. the pickups no matter the trim package will have g body type spindle with single piston calipers in front and rear drum. dont waste time looking at any pickups.

the stock blazer spindle will not change your track width. however belltech is the only company making blazer drop spindles. they will push your track width out approx 3/8" - 1/2" per side

Reactions: 1 user

L67ss

Royal Smart Person
Dec 8, 2016
OK after reading I guess not all zq8s had 4 wheel discs. But all they plain s10s with zq8 RPO I've seen had them

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
Hey everyone ,
Two more questions, do the Blazer and the S10 use the same spindles, and when you upgrade to the blazer spindle does it push your wheels out or does the track stay the same.
Thank you in advance .
i have done the blazer spindle swap using an adapter kit from Kore3 to fit corvette c5 brakes. there is no appreciable change in front track width.

• Informative
Reactions: 2 users

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
i have done the blazer spindle swap using an adapter kit from Kore3 to fit corvette c5 brakes. there is no appreciable change in front track width.

That is good to know because the Stock Spindle C4 / LS1 / C5 brake conversions definitely widen the track between 5/16" and 3/8" per side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor