BMR rear lowering springs

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaner613

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 11, 2017
i used the Moog 5413 on the rear of my Wagon, it probably dropped it 2" no isssues with ride quality
Those springs are just direct swap if I recall. I needs a set for my SS. No extra pieces other than the upper rubbers correct?

Reactions: 1 user

zdeckich

Master Mechanic
Jun 23, 2013
Fort Worth, TX
i used the Moog 5413 on the rear of my Wagon, it probably dropped it 2" no isssues with ride quality

Happen to have a pic by any chance?

abadwillys

Greasemonkey
May 30, 2016
NY
Best i could do, is a side shot, With those Rear springs, the wheel opening is just over the tire, If i remember right 28" .. the car still rides well, and it is direct fit.
I do run a shorter than stock length shock, because i moved the lower shock mount up for wheel clearence as well. Because of my 12 bolt my wheels are a 5.5" BS and I run a 275/60 Rear tire, ..your tire/wheel clearance may vary.. with using those Springs.
I also have Air bags in them, i dont cruise around with air in them, but i use my wagon to haul schtuff sometimes, if i do i air them up, and for a occasional trip to the track, they work well there too!

IMG_0584 (2).JPG

SRD art

G-Body Guru
Jun 16, 2011
St. George, UT
I hope it works for you. I am now on my third(?) set of springs trying to get my ride height and load capacity (including unsprung weight) needs met - it is a wagon after all.

I had the same issue, tried cut variable rate replacement springs, Eibach and CPP lowered springs. None of these gave me the exact height and spring rate I wanted and all 3 sets sagged over time. I did the Speedtech coilover conversion and now run a double adjustable Viking "Crusader" autoX valved shock with a 350 lb spring. The coilovers allow me to set the perfect height, I can control the spring rate, the springs are guaranteed to not lose more than 2% of it's spring rate/height over the life of the shock, the adjustability allows me to tune for different race venues and I can turn the dials down for a comfortable street ride. Coilovers are more spendy but after switching over I wouldn't want to go back to a traditional coil spring and shock configuration.

Click Here for the shocks on Speedtech's Website

Reactions: 1 users

zdeckich

Master Mechanic
Jun 23, 2013
Fort Worth, TX
Thank you all for the help. Much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor