BMR Xtreme Anti-roll Bar Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

xylorex

Master Mechanic
Aug 2, 2018
New Orleans, LA
I was wondering if anyone is running one of these BMR Xtreme Anti-roll Bar Kit's on a stock 10 bolt 7.5". I measured my axle tubes with a digital caliper, i get 2.6" (probably 2.5" without the 2 coats of POR15).

they offer 3 sizes: 2.75", 3", 3.25"....

I really like BMR design more than any of the others i've seen, is anyone else running the 2.75" with the 2.5" diameter axle tubes? BMR Page

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana
I don't think it would be a problem as long as you were willing to do a little fab work and/or some welding. Having said that, this is a large heavy bar made for high horsepower street/drag racing. If that's where you're at, then your 10 bolt is going to frag itself anyway. Does that make sense?

xylorex

Master Mechanic
Aug 2, 2018
New Orleans, LA
I don't think it would be a problem as long as you were willing to do a little fab work and/or some welding. Having said that, this is a large heavy bar made for high horsepower street/drag racing. If that's where you're at, then your 10 bolt is going to frag itself anyway. Does that make sense?

Thanks for the reply. I've completely disassembled and rebuilt the diff with all new parts including Detroit truetrac / moser axles. I'll be fine, not drag racing.

I ended up getting with BMR during the week and they said it was a "no go" unless I used the weld on brackets.... Only reason I was leaning towards the BMR is because of their axle bracket style - they are not using ubolts.

Called umi, their 2.75" kit will work with the stock axle tubes

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor