HELP Body bushing kit prothane or energy suspension?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
$26.99

• Winner
  • Haha
Reactions: 6 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
and if you want to add some color so you are not just like all the others with the black pucks.... :)

hscdn.hockeyshot.com%2Fcdn%2F100319%2Fmedia%2Fcatalog%2Fproduct%2Fo%2Fr%2Forangeheavypuck_01.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
What does this do to the ride quality? I was in a pinch when I cleaned the frame on my 1500. The front bushings were gone and all I had on hand was poly, so I put poly in the front 2 cab mounts and there are not words for how horrible the ride became. I later got some clean ones in the junkyard and the difference was immediate. Based on that, I'm real hesitant to give them a chance in anything else.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
It would fit the "spirit" of the build😁 I honestly wonder if anyone has really done it.

we used on our metric circle track cars just like all the other teams, rule was the body mounts had to be same material as the original....rubber

Reactions: 2 users

abbey castro

Royal Smart Person
Oct 31, 2015
Harker Hts TX
I put ES on my off-frame 87 SS restoration and it was OK, then I noticed how harsh the suspension was after a few years. I recommend unless you go around the cones, go soft! I replaced all the body mounts as well as the suspension bushings back to factory F41 replacements. No squawks, groans and rattles. I used to drive my 70 SS with open tubes, 4:56 in the back and a crazy idle, now older and wiser that was crazy. So what is your intent? If it's going to be a nice street driver put the F41 stuff back on. And don't forget the rubber doughnuts on top of the coils. As well as the body mounts rear top of frame that they didn't come with, GNs did.

Reactions: 3 users

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
I put ES on my off-frame 87 SS restoration and it was OK, then I noticed how harsh the suspension was after a few years. I recommend unless you go around the cones, go soft! I replaced all the body mounts as well as the suspension bushings back to factory F41 replacements. No squawks, groans and rattles. I used to drive my 70 SS with open tubes, 4:56 in the back and a crazy idle, now older and wiser that was crazy. So what is your intent? If it's going to be a nice street driver put the F41 stuff back on. And don't forget the rubber doughnuts on top of the coils. As well as the body mounts rear top of frame that they didn't come with, GNs did.

So there soft and firm factory bushings too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor