HELP Body bushing kit prothane or energy suspension?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RabbitHoleSS

G-Body Guru
Dec 8, 2019
Indianapolis
Im looking to order my body bushing kit. Ive found this from prothane.
And this from energy suspension.
Does anyone know if there's a difference, mainly if the prothane kit is complete. I was looking to use prothane but now I don't know if its got everything I need. I know i have to buy bolts. Im also having trouble finding the rear seat crossmember anywhere but ebay. Any help is appreciated.

SupremeSpeed

G-Body Guru
Sep 29, 2016
GA
I currently have the Energy Suspension bushings on my 88 Cutlass, and I have no complaints. They provide a softer, quieter ride.

Reactions: 2 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
I put the prothane kit on my Cutlass, it was complete other than buying my class 10.9 metric hardware. It definitely made a difference in ride quality since my factory bushing were shot.

Reactions: 3 users
Nov 4, 2012
I have the Energy Suspension kit on my Regal and Energy Suspension cab mounts on my F150. IIRC, there are two schools of thought on which bushings are better.

Some say the Prothane bushings are better because they dont have the metal collar inside them and wont rust out like the original rubber bushings.

Others say the metal collar is necessary for for the mounts to retain rigidity, so the Energy Suspension bushings are better.

It's your decision in the end, I think either set is probably just fine. I went with the Energy Bushings because a friend had used them on his Malibu and liked them.

I haven't driven my Regal enough to make any comment on them in that application, but they noticeably stiffened up the ride on my F150.

Reactions: 2 users

RabbitHoleSS

G-Body Guru
Dec 8, 2019
Indianapolis
Thanks for the replys. I was just curious why one kit is 60$ cheaper then the other. It sounds like its probably the metal collar inside the energy kit joe talked about. I think im gonna save 60 bucks and go with prothane. I haven't read anything bad about either one. I just didn't want to buy an incomplete kit online.

Reactions: 3 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
My prothane kit has the metal sleeves inside the bushings just like the ES kits. With ES you're paying the markup on the name and marketing, that's it.

• Agree
Reactions: 5 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I went with the Energy Suspension kit probably because it was well advertised...and the price was pretty good. I'm sure the Prothane kit is just as good.

Reactions: 1 users

GuysMonteSS

Royal Smart Person
May 21, 2011
Kentville,Nova Scotia,Canada
When I was about to replace the body bushings in the SS,I talked to Mark Savitske at SC&C and he told me that a graphite impregnated poly bushing kit would be the best to use.
The only bushing kit I found that fit that description was this one from PST;
It looks to be about the same price as the ES kit.
Here is what they say about their Polygraphite product;
"PST perfected polyurethane with the introduction of POLYGRAPHITE® - a special formula incorporating a low-friction graphite lubricant into the actual bushing material. With POLYGRAPHITE®, you get the near-zero deflection performance of polyurethane with a self-lubricating bushing. As an added benefit, POLYGRAPHITE® is impervious to grease, oil, weather, and other natural elements and will never dry rot."
Guy

Reactions: 4 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Reactions: 4 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor