Bought a new car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Congrats on the new car. They really are extremely reliable...and most are built in the US and Canada since that seems to be a big deal to some people.

Hey whitey, Just curious about where your computer/phone was made? Not by some Japanese company or subsidiary, by chance? You're truly awesome. Type more funny words.

IronCastKnight

Apprentice
Sep 8, 2012
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Personally, I would have gone with a Yaris because I think they're cute and I rather like Toyota's self-effacing marketing for it(and also I'm a cheap b*st*rd except when it comes to my Cutlass), but the Corolla is pretty damn sleek too.

I'm actually quite fond of Japanese cars, because they're damn well built. For instance, my DD is a Honda Insight that survived a vicious t-boning that lifted it up on two wheels like it wasn't even a thing.

Also Mazda's RX series is awesome, what with the crazy German dream engine powering them.

whitey

Greasemonkey
Dec 6, 2007
Ontario Canada
DRIVEN said:
Hey whitey, Just curious about where your computer/phone was made? Not by some Japanese company or subsidiary, by chance? You're truly awesome. Type more funny words.

You're right , those items and likely quite a few others that I have to own as well. The big difference is they are small purchases compared to a large purchase like a car, so for you to equate my purchases to that of a car is just stupid. You guys are a bunch of real patriots, I'm sure your forefathers would be proud of you and the deal you got on that piece of japanese sh*t in your driveway.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Is that like being "a little pregnant"? You either boycott or you don't. Your logic is...interesting.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
This thread is about Kansas being proud of buying a new car which he should be. It would be nice if all the insulting posts could be removed so we can just focus on congratulating Kansas.

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
whitey said:
How quickly you all forget, did any of you lose anyone to WW2 ? Do any of you smart guys remember Pearl Harbor ? Why someone would brag about their import on a domestic car site is beyond me. **** toyota, **** japan and **** all the people that think it's ok to support them with major purchases like cars.

Yeah, Pearl Harbor. That was only (does the math) 70 years ago, and we repaid that (with interest) by burning down their capital and incinerating two more cities.... But who's counting, right?

My two Toyota's (**** yeah my wife's Prius pays for itself) appreciate your spirit of forgiveness. I'll be sure to apologize profusely when I'm over there next week. No kidding.

No, **** that. I'm going to drink a ****ton of sake and eat even more sushi. I'm watching the Asahi evening news right now, too.

Come on, whitey, this kind of stuff isn't cool. I suppose you've stopped drinking beer because beer is German and ZOMGWTFWWII!! I'm leaving your message up here just to show what a bigot you are. I might ban you for this one, I haven't decided yet. :blam:

Also, I really want the Corolla Fielder(?) wagon here. NOW.

Congrats on the new ride, Kansas.

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
whitey,

pull your head out and smell something other than your own B.S.
If it weren't for those japaneese cars, there are alot of poeple here and in canada that wouldn't have a job... yes, a greater sum of the $$ does fall back into the japanese economy, but look how much it does for our own economies... if people didn't buy them, Kansas and his co-workers wouldn't have a job, and be able to support other buisnesses in his local economy.

or you can look at this another way: if the north american unions had put as much effort into building quility cars in the late 70's to early 90's as they did lining their pockets, the asian market would've never gotten a hold in our markets... japan cared about making a quality product, where we only cared about getting rich....

lay off, take your meds or smoke a blunt and chill the eff out.... kansas is just showing off like we all do when we can overcome a major hurdle in our lives, and make a huge accomplishment....

Darin

BTW, congrats Kansas!

jociha

Master Mechanic
Oct 16, 2012
Could whitney tell us exactly why he said what he said, is it the war's and loss of life that makes him so mad or is it that people buy foreign products without caring how it hurts the north American economy because watching your country's economy slowly crumble does not make you a bigot.

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
The problem with threads like this is that the junk gets quoted and weaves itself so far into a thread that it becomes difficult to cut it all out without essentially killing the thread. I've given Mr. White a month long vacation, maybe he'll sober up again, who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor