Brake Conundrum

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Doesn't that and all this defeat the purpose of using a pressure bleeder?!?! I have one; never worked worth a crap with the clamp-on lids/worked ok with screw-on lids. The seals dried out, now it sits in the cabinet. Don't miss it at all.
Vacuum hand pump to prime, bong bottle hung above the brake piston, send it.

I'm not impressed with the pressure bleeder either

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
I used one of these when I bled the brakes on both of my cars. A friend of mine has a repair shop and he let me borrow it. It was awesome. Pulled the fluid right through the lines. No mess.
As far as no fluid coming out of the front, what about the proportioning valve closing off the front ? You said you only checked one side.

Attachments

• 0901d1968095e370-MV6830_tcm_299-520500.png
    0901d1968095e370-MV6830_tcm_299-520500.png
    105.9 KB · Views: 92

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I used one of these when I bled the brakes on both of my cars. A friend of mine has a repair shop and he let me borrow it. It was awesome. Pulled the fluid right through the lines. No mess.
As far as no fluid coming out of the front, what about the proportioning valve closing off the front ? You said you only checked one side.

if the valve closes the brake warning light would come on and I would not have any braking up front. Motive repsonded to my question to them and they suggested to keep the brake pedal half way down when pressure bleeding. When I bled the back they bled with the pressure but the flow was slow and sure wasn't 10 lbs pushing it.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I thought it was a one-man system. Who's holding the pedal? :popcorn:

this "tech" told me he uses a stick and holds it in place his seat, I told him I didn't see any stick in the package and I never saw any stick in all the videos I watched.... :popcorn:

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor