Buick Regal and Grand National Cowl Hood Poll

Do you like the style of this hood and the rise design

• Yes the design is correct for my liking

Votes: 25 73.5%
  • No the design is not what I would like to have on my car

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Yes, but change the rise sweep toward the winsdhield to be straight and not come toward the windshie

Votes: 5 14.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
Here is a picture of a new Cowl Hood to hit the market soon which we have developed. This hood has the same style rise as the Goodmark hood for the Monte Carlo.

Do you like it?

Do you not?

Would you rather see the rise stop at the edge of the hood and not "sweep" toward the windshield?

Attachments

• LG-00-1643-Regal2"引擎蓋合車 (12)高處正面.JPG
    LG-00-1643-Regal2"引擎蓋合車 (12)高處正面.JPG
    76 KB · Views: 3,631
  • LG-00-1643-Regal2"引擎蓋合車 (13)側面.JPG
    LG-00-1643-Regal2"引擎蓋合車 (13)側面.JPG
    64.7 KB · Views: 3,999
  • LG-00-1643-Regal2"引擎蓋合車 (9)近處正面.JPG
    LG-00-1643-Regal2"引擎蓋合車 (9)近處正面.JPG
    108.4 KB · Views: 5,600
  • Regal Grand National Hood -Front View (LG-00-1643).JPG
    Regal Grand National Hood -Front View (LG-00-1643).JPG
    628.8 KB · Views: 4,404
Perfect balance between curves and straight. It looks like it was put there by GM. Dont change a thing.

I like it. Send me one and ill be a test mule for ya :mrgreen:

Wow that looks great! I dont know why anyone would want to have the scoop stop and not sweep toward the windshield.

I like it. Sweep towards windshield is good. Pefect design for production and for meeting greatest demand. :wink:

I think it looks great. I'm not sure exactly what the "rise" is, but if you're referring to the way it slowly and consistently ramps upward down the whole hood then I would do it differently. I would get it to the desired height closer to the front of the hood and then have the rest of the scoop level with the rest of the hood but that's just my preference. You guys absolutely nailed the lines and you didn't put that Chevy crease down the center. :wink: If I'm ever in the market for a cowl hood, I'll know where to go.

EDIT: I just realized what you mean. I have no problem with the extension as long as it doesn't contact the windshield when you open the hood. You guys probably thought of that though. The only thing I would do is make it less of a curve. But once again, I don't mean to nitpick.

Looks great, I would buy it.

If it was my design, the seams for the raise/edge of the 'cowl' would start just a little further back (1-2 inches) from the leading edge of the hood. Or, to maybe explain, it looks like the cowl/raised portion should continue onto the header panel. I think the trailing edge of the cowl looks fine.

Would I buy one over a turbo/GN style hood yes.

To be honest, I really want a steel hood, bolt on for the Malibu that was taller than 2 inch, even if it was a 2-1/2", but, that is a personal opinion. After the dawn of big monster cowl hoods, the 2 inch almost looks like a normal body line.

I personally like the vfn fiber hood better. But that was is still very nice and does go good with the car

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor