Build A Hellcat Eater

Status
Not open for further replies.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
I think a Hellcat would not make a great DD. At WOT, they will completely drain a full tank of gas in 15 minutes.

Plus Hellcats have various Nanny gadgets that can help novice racers take off with ease such as fancy traction controls with street and track modes.

I am going to call BS and tell you that you are talking out of your *ss. I do school runs in my HC. Groceries too. Commute to work in it. Drove it 500 miles home after buying it.

While they do come with advanced traction control, tell me what new vehicle doesn't? My wife's Colorado has some of the most invasive nannies I've ever experienced - way worse than my HC (which I can customize to have the car turn on without any assists).

Go test drive one, and get back to me on how liveable they aren't. Please indulge me.

Reactions: 3 users

500/600

Royal Smart Person
Nov 17, 2018
West Virginia
I am going to call BS and tell you that you are talking out of your *ss. I do school runs in my HC. Groceries too. Commute to work in it. Drove it 500 miles home after buying it.

While they do come with advanced traction control, tell me what new vehicle doesn't? My wife's Colorado has some of the most invasive nannies I've ever experienced - way worse than my HC (which I can customize to have the car turn on without any assists).

Go test drive one, and get back to me on how liveable they aren't. Please indulge me.

The Hellcat has no down side. Maybe the price but compared to everything else it’s not really that high. I typically find that the only people that don’t think they’re great are those who can’t swing the price. Ain’t that how it always is? Let’s get back to G-bodies. Please?

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I think a Hellcat would not make a great DD. At WOT, they will completely drain a full tank of gas in 15 minutes.

Plus Hellcats have various Nanny gadgets that can help novice racers take off with ease such as fancy traction controls with street and track modes.

I agree on the second sentence, not the first. The Hellcat can empty the tank quickly at wot but who drives at wot while using it as a DD. I see the Hellcat and it's counterpart regularly on the street

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
we are up to 10 pages and I now know how to build a G body to eat a Hellcat......now I need a thread on how to find the money to do it...... :unsure:

• Agree
Reactions: 6 users

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
You can always buy a retired cop car, then the Hellcats will be afraid to pass you. That way you will aways be faster than them.

Speedman87

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 5, 2019
Southern Maryland
Kinda curious if your friend actually goes to the track and runs 9.80's or just taking it as advertised.
Not stock that’s how. Pullies, injectors, catless mid pipes, one piece drive shaft, 3.09 gears, cai, tune. He says the car can do better but the tire spins on the rim during launch. Getting bead lock wheels for next season. I respect the hellcats but honestly do not like them. And guys I never said I wanted to build a hell cat eater. Just wanted some knowledge of how it would be done. I’ll be happy keeping up with stock srt8s and SS Camaros when something with my build. Looks, a little handling, and some balls is all I’m looking for. Not a race car

Reactions: 1 user

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
I will add my two cents. When my dad started building his 70 Nova. His main goal was to beet a guy in town new Corvette. Well he did not get to finish it and it is mine now. So I have a 700+ horsepower car with 456 gears, a spool, and a six point cage. We ended up with a lot of money in that car. Over 15 grand in the engine. The car is not very street friendly and dose not go down the highway very good either. It is a fun car though. O and it likes to brake stuff. Guess where that car spends most of its time? In the garage, and guess what? I dought it would beet a 2020 Corvette. So when I built my car my goals where a little different. Go any where at any time, get decent mileage, have A/C, and be able to haul the kids with. O and be faster than a unnamed Regal from DesMoine. I put about 4000 into my six cylinder. It has, I would guess 300 horsepower? and meet all my goals. The Monte is so much more fun to drive, but the Nova is good for bragging rights I guess? End of the story, build what you want and enjoy it!

• Winner
Reactions: 2 users

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
I will add my two cents. When my dad started building his 70 Nova. His main goal was to beet a guy in town new Corvette. Well he did not get to finish it and it is mine now. So I have a 700+ horsepower car with 456 gears, a spool, and a six point cage. We ended up with a lot of money in that car. Over 15 grand in the engine. The car is not very street friendly and dose not go down the highway very good either. It is a fun car though. O and it likes to brake stuff. Guess where that car spends most of its time? In the garage, and guess what? I dought it would beet a 2020 Corvette. So when I built my car my goals where a little different. Go any where at any time, get decent mileage, have A/C, and be able to haul the kids with. O and be faster than a unnamed Regal from DesMoine. I put about 4000 into my six cylinder. It has, I would guess 300 horsepower? and meet all my goals. The Monte is so much more fun to drive, but the Nova is good for bragging rights I guess? End of the story, build what you want and enjoy it!

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
This would probably do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor