C4 Corvette IRS into G Body

Status
Not open for further replies.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
That would be easier to install without getting the geometry wrong IMO. Do they have roll steer issues?

It is fully self contained, you just need to weld on four pick up points to the frame rails (he makes it sound so easy). There are lots of aftermarket parts available to address the factory geometry issues - and I mean lots. Everything from eccentric bushings to adjustable control arms. Depends what you want to do with it, lots of capable road course cars and drag cars running this set up. Even the most basic of SRT models have factory four piston calipers out back. About the only down side is the weird as f*ck bolt pattern - but there are still plenty of options there too.

I almost bought a complete drop out last year for a grand. Might have been faster to install than what I just did to my Monte...

Reactions: 1 user

DSPbuilt

G-Body Guru
Jan 7, 2016
Cape Coral, FL
an 03/04 Cobra style IRS shouldn’t be too difficult.
The front mounts bolt in to where the stock lower control arms then just need to fab a bracket for the rear.
these are direct swaps to all foxes/sn95 and new edge mustangs. the rear frame side bracket actually i Is bolted One to the body of the mustangs. So you might even be able to use that as start. plus you get the benefits of an 8.8!

9649A6D8-FE6A-4878-8B4C-A25E07741AC2.jpeg

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
The front mounts bolt in to where the stock lower control arms then just need to fab a bracket for the rear.
these are direct swaps to all foxes/sn95 and new edge mustangs. the rear frame side bracket actually i Is bolted One to the body of the mustangs. So you might even be able to use that as start. plus you get the benefits of an 8.8!

View attachment 167537

Those spring pockets are a cool optical illusion if you stare at them.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
The Dodge stuff as more favourable spring pocket locations... the biggest hurdle I see is shock length. And even then you could fab up taller towers/perches.

1611881543309.png

1611881426111.png

1611881452307.png

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO

View attachment 167537

That IRS was designed as an afterthought. I'd be suspicious of any quirks and shortcomings it may have when compared to something newer that was intended to be IRS from the get go.

DSPbuilt

G-Body Guru
Jan 7, 2016
Cape Coral, FL
That IRS was designed as an afterthought. I'd be suspicious of any quirks and shortcomings it may have when compared to something newer that was intended to be IRS from the get go.
They do suffer from wheel hop in a launch type situation. It has a huge aftermarket support and are great around corners. I’ve done a solid swap for a drag setup cobra and then the irs is a fox body coupe. Everything that has its place. The couple made for a hell of cruiser with the irs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor