Cam Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

78sik ick

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 3, 2012
So I bought my Regal with a built 383 and am in the process of putting on some Brodix heads. I found the cam specs for the Motor and gave them to my buddy at the machine shop who looked at them and said, oh its pretty mild. My Regal sounds like a drag car and pulls like a Rap*** ape, went side by side a cbr600 to 100.... the Hydro roller cam specs are

Intake Valve Lift (in.)0.540
Exhaust Valve Lift (in.)0.562
Int. Duration @ .050 in. (Deg)242
Exh. Duration @ .050 in. (Deg)248
Int. Duration Advertised (Deg)294
Exh. Duration Advertised (Deg)300

Is this really that mild of a cam or is he just yanking my chain so to speak?

Serious for a street motor, not so much for a track-only car.

A 294/300 degree duration advertised, is a 2500rpm to 7200rpm cam. He either wants it, or he wants to sell you one, or both. YES, IT'S A SCREAMER!! ANNNNND IT'S A ROLLER. LOCK UP THE NUMBERS. If you're jackin with a sport bike, why did you take it apart?? :roll:

It had some super ported iron heads and got a set of brodix heads for super cheap that my buddy is gonna cnc for me and needed the cam specs for the head build to make sure I wouldn't run into coil bind or valve float

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor