cam selection??

Status
Not open for further replies.

KrisW

G-Body Guru
Oct 24, 2007
Lakeland, FL
I'm not telling you the best way, or the right way; I'm telling you what I did...

I take the heads to the machine shop ONLY to have the guides cut down by .250" (that's a quarter of an inch for non-math people) and then I buy high lift SINGLE SPRINGS that are good for .600 lift max from PAW.

The part number was 10701, single with dampner, .600 lift, NO MACHINE WORK REQUIRED TO RUN, for 75 bucks.

PAW 818-678-3000

I ran those on a 400 small block with a mild build that ran 12.78's all day long in a 79 Z28. I know people are gonna bad mouth those springs, but who cares? I can tell you they worked great for me; maybe someone else didn't have the same results...

Good luck whatever you decide, keep in mind it doesn't cost more than a hundred bucks to have your heads machined for dual valve springs and have the guides cut down.

I am a SEVERE budget guy, so if I can get away with something, I will![/u][/i]

Silent viewer

Royal Smart Person
May 9, 2007
i too am on a budget so i am in the same boat, i am building a whole car not just motor so i am very carefull where the money is going. at the same time i am not trying to cut corners either. your info is helpfull, thanks! i am researching right now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor