Can an ac compressor clutch leak?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bracketchev1221

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2018
The compressor is actually a remanufactured one and the car has been converted to 134 already. It just has this annoying leak out the front of the pulley. I have taken the belt off because it sprays even when the compressor is NOT running and the PULLEY is spinning. This is why I have asked about it being a bad clutch possible leaking bearing. When I engage the compressor, it blows cold but the clutch sounds noisy. The PULLEY on the compressor spins fine and makes no noise when the car is running. But when the clutch engages it makes noise. Like I said, the leak is NOT on the inboard side of the pulley between the pulley and compressor where I would expect a compressor seal leak to come out of. It is OUTBOARD of the belt on that side of the pulley. I have never had a compressor apart so I am just making guesses based on what I see. I'm not even sure where the compressor seal is in relation to the pulley.

bracketchev1221

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2018
Ok, it looks like from the video for rebuild that the compressor shaft protrudes far enough into the pulley that it most likely is a compressor seal. Thanks for everyones help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor