Canaderp Strikes Again

Nov 4, 2012
Generally it seems like we're simply moving to regulations that are more inline with what's already in the US, or possibly CARB, which I understand is the strictest in the US.
Oh yes, because California has a great reputation for not being laughably overregulated.
Again, no longer a fan of the guy in the video.
You said that already :rolleyes: Your opinion of him doesn't change the law that got passed.
The headline is WD-40 being banned.
Yes. That's why we're here. Having this discussion. WD-40 is one product. Maybe not even a good example. Do you guys get PB Blaster up there? Because the SDS for that states <50% VOC. So apparently that won't work for your shiny new bill.
Screenshot_20230915-180858_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

No acetone listed in the chemical composition section. I even checked a few others and don't see acetone is a main ingredient in any of their Brakleen products.
Have you ever actually used Brakleen? Do you know what VOCs are? Brakleen, acetone or not, is straight VOCs in a can. If it wasn't, it wouldn't evaporate, and it wouldn't be brakleen.

It absolutely blows my mind that anyone could be so ignorant that they would attempt to justify this kind of overregulation. I literally cannot believe this is a discussion.

Reactions: 1 users

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
I go through way too much brake and carb cleaner.

I always have some on hand, but have recently converted over to this stuff for cleaning things.

images (7).jpeg

It blows the doors off of Brakleen and carb cleaner, so it's probably illegal now up there too.

• Informative
Reactions: 3 users
Nov 4, 2012
And just one more for you, this comes directly from the US EPA website in the form of a PDF, listing the VOC cap on every product you could think of. Penetrants in the US are regulated to 50% VOC content. Let there be no confusion that Canada is simply just aligning their regulations with the US standards as  that is not the case.
Screenshot_20230915-195859_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Aligning with California, maybe. California is its own world.

Link:
Chapter 3745-112 Volatile Organic Compound Limits in Consumer Products https://www.epa.gov/sites/default/files/2018-07/documents/chapter_3745-112.pdf

• Agree

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
I don't have the manners to debate Canada.

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
The can he plopped on the table was CRC Red. The choice of color on the label is one way the MFGR identifies the product as being high in CFC's or chloro-fluoro-carbons. This is the version of the product that, if used and then heat applied to the fixture, assembly, components, or structure, has the high probability of "cracking" or reacting to the heat by releasing Chlorine Gas. Which, of course, is toxie to the point of causing death. Even mild or passing exposure to Chlorine gas is enough to damage your lungs and other organs, permanently.

As for WD40, so called because it took the inventor 39 initial tries before he got it right the 40th time, it's not the first can of chemical persuasion that I reach for when in need.

The whole restriction and elimination of VOC's has little to do with the environment, that is just the big lie being marketed by the spin doctors. All this falls into the same category as the elimination of hair spray and model car glue. Done purely and simply to close the door to a source of intoxication that certain demographic elements turn to for escapism purposes. Just another example of punishing the innocent for the excesses of the few.

Just my personal opinon here.

Nick

Hurricane77

Master Mechanic
Nov 11, 2020
Ottawa, Canada
Oh yes, because California has a great reputation for not being laughably overregulated.

You said that already :rolleyes: Your opinion of him doesn't change the law that got passed.

Yes. That's why we're here. Having this discussion. WD-40 is one product. Maybe not even a good example. Do you guys get PB Blaster up there? Because the SDS for that states <50% VOC. So apparently that won't work for your shiny new bill.
View attachment 228026

Have you ever actually used Brakleen? Do you know what VOCs are? Brakleen, acetone or not, is straight VOCs in a can. If it wasn't, it wouldn't evaporate, and it wouldn't be brakleen.

It absolutely blows my mind that anyone could be so ignorant that they would attempt to justify this kind of overregulation. I literally cannot believe this is a discussion.

I was only pointing out some rather misleading information in the video you posted.

You seem to be taking that personally and assuming my stance on the topic.

I've said my piece.

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Yes, we get PB Blaster, just bought a can. Ordering my case of Brakleen this week. It will be interesting what changes exactly and when.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor