Car lifted higher in front now that I put all new suspension in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hotboi_916

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 19, 2019
Yikes! You have a wrong part somewhere if you have the springs installed correctly IMO.
I did get some LCA brand new they weren't for a Monte SS but everybody said they'll work..I guess they would be for a S10 or blazer

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190519-195529.jpg
    Screenshot_20190519-195529.jpg
    351.5 KB · Views: 193

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Do you still have the old ones? Hold one up next to its replacement and make sure the spring pocket looks the same. I know 2wd S-10s used a lot of the same parts.

Reactions: 1 user

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
if the arms were wrong you'd have an alignment problem and the wheel would be sitting funny side to side in the wheel opening.maybe if the spring was indexed wrong it be a little off but not what you're seeing

Hotboi_916

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 19, 2019
I
if the arms were wrong you'd have an alignment problem and the wheel would be sitting funny side to side in the wheel opening.maybe if the spring was indexed wrong it be a little off but not what you're seeing
I did take it to the alignment place and they sadid that my pitman arm is net centered so they would have to charge extra

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Is the stance the same side-to-side? I notice the hood is off...anything else missing since the first photo? Total weight will affect the stance.

Hotboi_916

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 19, 2019
Is the stance the same side-to-side? I notice the hood is off...anything else missing since the first photo? Total weight will affect the stance.
I have a fiberglass hood that's off the car right now

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
FYI, the Pitman arm is the arm on the steering box. When you swapped the tie-rod ends you may have missed an exact match to the old center-to-center on each side. The tie rod end pairs are threaded left-hand and right-hand so that loosening the bolts and rotating the couplers lengthens or shortens the pair. Hope they got your wheel fairly centered if they charged extra...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor