Car lifted higher in front now that I put all new suspension in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

abbey castro

Royal Smart Person
Oct 31, 2015
Harker Hts TX
There is no way that it would sit so high, is there more to this story?
1. Are the original springs reused
2. Even if everything was tightened while on stands, it would not sit that high. This is a stance for no engine installed!
3. Are the springs indexed correctly in the lower control arm pocket. "End of coil relative the drain holes end of spring coil must cover all or part of one inspection hole. The other hole must be partially exposed or completely uncovered." (per GM Service Manual pg 3C-12 Front Suspension) Flat coil goes go into the frame (top)
5. Use of whatever a "red" GMC spindle is not a factor. These spindle have no effect on ride height. I am using the dual piston calipers, w/ S10 Spindles and there was no difference in my ride height.
6. Coil spring insulator GM# 15597425 (Rock Auto has them) come in only 1 thickness. What is a "thin spacer" and why would you use that?
6. With weight of car on the wheels, torque the pivot shaft nuts to 85 ft lbs. (per GM Service Manual pg 3C-14 Front Suspension) I bounced mine a few times to make sure the suspension had seated in its natural position prior to torquing the nuts.

I think i covered most of the items to look at. Hope this helps.
Good Luck

Bryan.Carmichael

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 2, 2016
Tulsa Oklahoma
Man I feel ya! I'm having the same issue with my car. With two different set up and all suspension nuts and bolts loose. First setup was new bushings, new ball joints, new tie rods, new pittman arm and idler arm, stock LCA and UCA, UMI 2" drop springs, blazer spindle and LS3.. Second setup... New bushings, same steering link, blazer spindle, factory LCA, UMI UCA, QA1 coilovers w/450lb spring and LS3. I called UMI they told me to call QA1. QA1 said the suspension needs to settle. I have zero miles on my car until I can complete the build. I'm just gonna have to wait til I can drive it.

8c833a89e5b3064564ffb8fb7f608ad8.jpg
e39f31a9b83139d14673aa5ad42a7140.jpg
e22fb876932ba41d36c6550e1f00be2f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 user

Bryan.Carmichael

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 2, 2016
Tulsa Oklahoma
I think it has something to do with the new bushings. This exact same thing happened to me last year on an 85 C10 [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor