Car Show Rant

Status
Not open for further replies.

bob64

G-Body Guru
Mar 30, 2017
Niagara Falls, Canada
Alot of GRRRRR happening threw out this thread, 😁

I love Niagara for there everyday car shows. Sunday on Lundy's lane the parking lots are filled on the nice day with separate type models of cars, meaning imports, 4x4's an classics in separate lots. Cars come from everywhere an even the States. It's always free an the bigger lots have vendors. Is there trophies no, it's not about stroking ones ego, it's about car guy's an gal's just enjoying shooting the sh*t.

Monday threw Friday there are the smaller little car shows at, Canadian Tire or one of the parks.

Saturdays there are the Car shows out river road to Niagara on the lake, free to take your car in but they charge a dollar or 2 for walk ins.

I use to go to some of them but l have found over the years that there is a lack of respect from the younger generation as in touching or climbing in vehicles. Levi jeans with the brass buttons leaning up against the cars an such. I just can't be bothered!!

Want your ego stroked, drive a nice rid down Lundy's lane near the hill an you'll think your a Rock Star with all the Camera's taking pictures an all the screaming about your car. Traffic is so slow down there at times it's stop, drive 10 feet an repeated for the 2 or 3 blocks.

Reactions: 1 user
Nov 4, 2012
I get the whole "everyone has different tastes, don't bash" argument and all, but there has to be a limit. I have no problem seeing imports at shows, especially older, unmolested models like RX7s and 240sxs, skylines, JDM imports (there is a really cool imported 3 rotor Mazda Cosmo around here). Low riders totally aren't my thing but I have a lot of respect for the amount of work and detail those guys put into those cars. I have zero interest in exotic cars, but I can agree they have a place at a car cruise.

But when people start showing up at car cruises in their bone stock 2010 Kia Optima with some Walmart Enkei wheels and halos in the headlights (and don't forget a cold air intake brah), I can't help but ****ing laugh at them. Then the next week he brings his buddy with a 2005 Civic Si with the exact same sh*t done to it, and before you know it, you can't tell if it's a car cruise or just a parking lot full of cars. You KNOW who I'm talking about too. This ****ing guy-

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
This used to be America. Not sure what it is anymore.

This thread goes to show my exact point, America is full of a bunch of folks like yourself that get annoyed by what other people do and then go get on the internet and complain about it....... Oh, he LS swapped a import OMG!!!!! I usually don't even comment on this forum anymore because i have found that people would rather argue than give real world advice like it use to be on here, my bad there for trying to help people be more open minded. please enjoy bashing me for pointing this out, I was simply trying to share some advice that a old timer pointed out to me years ago that shaped how I viewed other peoples rides that were not to my taste. I won't post on here again.[/QUOTE]
images

You may want to go back and read the title of the thread. Go on, I'll wait...

You're not getting off that easy. You don't seem to grasp what I meant by that phrase, so let me 'splain it to you. Of course, since you won't post here any more, I won't know if you received the message or not...

In America, we get to formulate and express our own opinions about anything whether anyone else agrees with it or not. Simply put, YOU cannot tell me what should or shouldn't be acceptable to me. And vice-versa. I have no right to say what is acceptable or not to you. We get to decide that for ourselves. While I respect your opinion, and actually agree with most of it, this rant thread is available for us to vent and even do so in a semi-joking or tongue-in-cheek manner about things we don't like about car shows. And everyone has a story that's a little bit different. Just because we disagree doesn't mean that opinions shouldn't be respected.

We simply have differing opinions. Which means neither are wrong. But if you take your ball and go home simply because you don't agree with someone else's viewpoint, that's not what I'd call being open to different viewpoints. Who's being myopic now?

Here's a fun fact- in all my years of wrenching, not ONE person has ever given a sh*t about my opinion as to what they should or shouldn't do with their ride. They always made those choices for themselves. I've shared many an idea or an opinion, so if they took my advice, it's because it made sense to them. But it was always their decision. I never forced my opinions on anyone. And I never will.

Reactions: 4 users

Canon_Mutant

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2015
Is this a bad time to admit that I've been and gone to many, but I've only "entered" my G 442 in one and I actually won newer than 72? I still find it hard to believe but I still have the trophy when this thread goes to the pretrial hearing phase . . .??

Qdub24

Royal Smart Person
Sep 6, 2006
Columbus, GA
I haven't been able to attend a car show in nearly a decade, but when I used to attend them regularly, I went to see what other people's visions were for their vehicles. I never went with the intent of placing in the show or anything; I just like seeing cool, modified cars. Purists (auto snobs) are the ones hurting the hobby.

Reactions: 1 users

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Oh, he LS swapped a import OMG!!!!!
I actually have no problem with that, in fact, it's kind of the ultimate hot rod- smallest, lightest vehicle with the most power you can jam in it. There was actually a very clean and tastefully done LS 240Z at this same show. That's not my point. I cited the Rolls because it was sloppy, and if I had to guess, was probably only done because the RR engine was too exotic or expensive to fix.
I usually don't even comment on this forum anymore because i have found that people would rather argue than give real world advice like it use to be on here, my bad there for trying to help people be more open minded. please enjoy bashing me for pointing this out, I was simply trying to share some advice that a old timer pointed out to me years ago that shaped how I viewed other peoples rides that were not to my taste. I won't post on here again.
I don't know what threads you're reading, but this has to be one of the most helpful and informative internet forums around. Sure, some dumb stuff comes up, but I don't see too many flat-out bashfests. Ever been on yellowbullet.com? They're opposite ends of the spectrum.

• Winner
Nov 4, 2012
I don't know what threads you're reading, but this has to be one of the most helpful and informative internet forums around. Sure, some dumb stuff comes up, but I don't see too many flat-out bashfests. Ever been on yellowbullet.com? They're opposite ends of the spectrum.

Agree x100.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
I go to car shows. IDGAF if I get a trophy. It's fun just to hang out for the day and get out of the house with the car. I don't get them out nearly enough and its an excuse to do it. The GP used to win trophies, the Cutlass is way too rough but with some paint, who knows. Yeah you have to deal with the Mustangs, the "its not a real car if it was built after '72" snobs, the guys who bought their rods already built, the new Camaro/Hellcat folks..... I've seen people bring their minivans, their stock brand new Impalas, .... They're just out having fun with other car guys, too. Besides, I kind of like it when the GTR's and McLaren's show up, are they just showing off? probably. But isn't that part of the reason we're going, too?

I remember back in the 80's when you went to a local car show and the Superbirds and Judges and Hemi Cudas all turned out. That doesn't happen any more. What you usually get is people who want to show off their cars because they like them, and want to hang out with the same. Sure, a fair percentage think the sun shines out from under their hood and genuinely get PO'd if they don't win but that's everyone, everywhere, for anything. Always has been, always will. It's not "OMG america today" or "kids today I tell you wat"....

• Agree
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor