Car Show Rant

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
This ****ing guy-

do you have the short version of the video, I must have a short attention span.. I tried to take the test to see if I have a short attention span but I couldn't stay focused long enough to complete the test...:confused:

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

BOXCARS

Master Mechanic
Apr 29, 2017
it's a benefit but I don't know what benefits.

The promoter's pocket.
yup.gif

Reactions: 1 user

carnutjw

G-Body Guru
Sep 17, 2017
Here's my deal- have done the car show thing, would rather get a root canal than sit all day to maybe get a trophy. My preference is cruise ins, I cruise in, check out the rides, talk to anyone I care to, and haul *ss out a there, no drama, no criticism, you do your thing, I do mine. THAT'S America at it's best. Also enjoy driving events such as Power Tour.

Reactions: 5 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
The more I read this I noticed one rant not mentioned, getting "asked" not to return for future events. Not like anyone of us was ever told that...:whistle: (Just one time with a new clutch, 4 speed with a 3.11 1st, 3.73 one legger, letting the clutch out on the cruise lane carpet & might of left a tire mark...)

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Pronto-

Apprentice
Dec 4, 2014
Think some are lumping a Cruise Night and a Car Show together. Our local cruise is at a Target parking lot. On a good night there are about 200 cars, on a great night 300. There is no door prizes or a raffle anymore. The guy that runs it couldn't get enough help so he gave up on that stuff. He used to donate the 50/50 money to charity. There are all kinds of stuff that show up to cruise. I do get tired of the Challenger/Mustang crowd but the new thing is rich pricks with supercars showing up. They pretty much ruin the cruise. As each one comes in a bunch of toadies go running over to kiss their *ss. So of course doing burnouts or driving fast in the parking lot is grounds for bannishment. So these douches bouncing the engine off the rev limiter and having it backfire. It's considered cool by the Illuminati. It's so annoying I want to over and piss on their car. Just a bad as the kids with a gigantic sound system blasting bass. The cool thing is you never know what will show up. At show, none of that is crap is allowed. We have a several large shows at the local Bud plant grounds. The area is beautiful and lots of room for up to 1k cars. They are well run. All the events are for charity. My favorite is the Make a Wish show but there are Mustang, Corvette, BOP and supercar shows. I like seeing all the cars for day. Some are done by true car people that did all or most of the work. Others are just owners with alot of money. Either way the cars themselves are nice. The smaller shows are nice too. I don't care about a trophy. If I go to a show with other TBs, I don't stand a chance anyway. Nobody looks at my car when it's surrounded by GNs, even if my car is nicer. It's a running joke with my friends. That's the penalty for silver.

Attachments

• 20180819_143223.jpg
    20180819_143223.jpg
    6.3 MB · Views: 138
  • Agree
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Think some are lumping a Cruise Night and a Car Show together.
The ones I go to I guess would be considered "Cruise Ins" even though they give out awards I have no idea what the awards are since you have to be there early to sign up and stay late to receive it and with my work schedule I typically stroll in late and stick around for maybe a couple hours and then go home.
We do have some around here that are all day car shows that have fees and pre-registration that I wouldn't mind going to at some point but the reality is I don't really have a "show car" and I also just don't have the time or even the patience to spend a whole day at a show.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
If I go to a show with other TBs, I don't stand a chance anyway. Nobody looks at my car when it's surrounded by GNs, even if my car is nicer. It's a running joke with my friends. That's the penalty for silver.

This is a lot of why I don't get excited about GNs....pretty much seen one, seen 'em all. There will always be exceptions of course, but I would much rather see turbo Ts in a variety of colors than ANOTHER black Regal. It also seems like the GN guys think a stock GN is the be all-end all of G bodies.

Just my opinion, and as stated, there are always exceptions to generalizations.

• Agree

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
10 pages of mostly negative opinions.... I'm the 100th response. You don't get that much response when people ask for help, or need advice on this site. A forum member said he would not even post here anymore because of the way some were acting/posting in this thread. Chris should consider closing this thread...it's useless.

• Disagree
  • Agree
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor