Carb Cheater

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Most of the performance gains that can mechcanically be done is on the secondary side, the power mode. In power mode at high throttle angles, the CCC Qjet functions like a non CCC Qjet. The primaries mainly can only be changed through PROM tuning. At crusie most cars need little power. I saw acYoutube vidro of a guy showing how his modern V8 truck was only putting out 58 hp to maintain highway crusing speed. Youbonlybneed high hp for acceleration.
Exactly right. That's why an E2MC carb is setup pretty much the same way as an E4MC carb, because the secondaries don't matter for the computer. It could care less if you have a quadrajet or a dual jet.

But we're off point here talking about all this CCC junk. It's the Carb Cheater and how it attempts to fix a slightly rich mixture on a Holley or AFB, which is where they end up most of the time anyway because 90% of the time they're jetted more than what's needed right out of the box. This is where the Carb Cheater comes in handy, albeit at a rather high price point. Rather than trying to meter the fuel/air mix, it just does it by creating a controlled vacuum leak. It effectively gets the same results, just that you still have to be close with the carb settings to begin with or it won't get it where it's needed.

It's a bit of crazy stuff- the guy talks about in the video because he even states that the settings need to be somewhat close or it's not going to work. Well, that's pretty much true with any tweak or adjustment limitation. The vacuum hole is only so big thus, a limiting factor.

I guess it's workable, and the kit does seem to have some nice equipment with it, and fairly simple to install. However, I'm thinking it's way overpriced for what you get. JMO.

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
Exactly right. That's why an E2MC carb is setup pretty much the same way as an E4MC carb, because the secondaries don't matter for the computer. It could care less if you have a quadrajet or a dual jet.

But we're off point here talking about all this CCC junk. It's the Carb Cheater and how it attempts to fix a slightly rich mixture on a Holley or AFB, which is where they end up most of the time anyway because 90% of the time they're jetted more than what's needed right out of the box. This is where the Carb Cheater comes in handy, albeit at a rather high price point. Rather than trying to meter the fuel/air mix, it just does it by creating a controlled vacuum leak. It effectively gets the same results, just that you still have to be close with the carb settings to begin with or it won't get it where it's needed.

It's a bit of crazy stuff- the guy talks about in the video because he even states that the settings need to be somewhat close or it's not going to work. Well, that's pretty much true with any tweak or adjustment limitation. The vacuum hole is only so big thus, a limiting factor.

I guess it's workable, and the kit does seem to have some nice equipment with it, and fairly simple to install. However, I'm thinking it's way overpriced for what you get. JMO.

It just seems silly to remove the perfectly good factory computer carbs for non computer carbs that are then halfass convertered to computer carbs with this kit IMO.

The carb cheater is pretty much an external version of the idle air bypass found in many Qjets which is pretty much a controlled vacuum leak. Its an old school trick which I think Uncle Tony covered in one of his videos using a manual valve and vacuum hoses. The carb cheater is just an updated version.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Ernest

G-Body Guru
Apr 28, 2016
Texas
Heres an updated video of it in use.

L05edSS

Greasemonkey
Nov 29, 2022
I watched that and still dont fully understand what it does to the carburetor.
it does nothing to the carb. it creates a controlled vacuum leak to balance out air/ fuel thru throttle range to where should be. if rich adds more air if lean takes away air.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor