CARB CHEATER

L05edSS

Greasemonkey
Nov 29, 2022
i been looking at this thing last few days trying to understand how it works when it doesn't tie into the carb or fuel line in anyway and no wires need to go into the cabin. i figured it out, thunderhead289 last yr went on power tour in 22' with a lawnmower carb feeding a 302. he had to 3D print a intake adapter and create a controlled vacuum leak to make it work and that's exactly how the carb cheater works to ajust airflow thru the throttle rage and keep the AFR in the 14 range. sounds like you may have to richen up the carb a tad. i was going to get AFR gauges at some point anyway but due to my situation if cant keep it where should be have to pay to readjust everytime, this might be the ticket. this guy answered my questions.

thunderhead289 demonstrating it. also chk out the mower carbed 302

the site, there's also a kit for qjets (which i have). if you have a e-qjet your car should already be keeping your AFR set.

has anyone tried this yet? i'm gonna wait and watch for awhile while saving up.

L05edSS

Greasemonkey
Nov 29, 2022
i should also ad i am a luddite, i refuse to own a cell ph and despise and electronically controlled car, may change my mind on the cell ph but just for this with no service and doesn't look like controls engine in case of failure.

Ernest

G-Body Guru
Apr 28, 2016
Texas
Have a friend that might be throwing away their old cell phone due to an upgrade.... grab it, for you can still use the WiFi/Blutooth function without needing service to the phone, a freebie transceiver for the carb cheater unit.

Reactions: 1 user

Ernest

G-Body Guru
Apr 28, 2016
Texas
thanks was looking for that cuz posted on it but didn't know where filed.
Yeah... it got buried quick, too much discussion on how it actually worked tearing it apart like christmas goose.

Reactions: 1 user

L05edSS

Greasemonkey
Nov 29, 2022
Have a friend that might be throwing away their old cell phone due to an upgrade.... grab it, for you can still use the WiFi/Blutooth function without needing service to the phone, a freebie transceiver for the carb cheater unit.
thanks but im gonna hold off for now. got other stuff to do before can consider

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor