Carburetor

81 Caballero

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 24, 2021
Might sound like a dumb question but, what is this? and is it suppose to be making a buzzing noise that comes on and off?

Attachments

• IMG_0965.jpeg
    IMG_0965.jpeg
    785.3 KB · Views: 16
Reactions: 1 user

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Being a V6, the circuit that controls ir is tied into the computer too. It can be picking up the TPS in the carb & bumping the idle.

Reactions: 1 users

81 Caballero

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 24, 2021
Being a V6, the circuit that controls ir is tied into the computer too. It can be picking up the TPS in the carb & bumping the idle.
Ahh okay, thanks. Was freaked out when it started buzzing on me at the Red light

ELCAM

Royal Smart Person
Jun 19, 2021
That is the idle speed control solenoid. As stated above controlled by the computer. Shouldn't make enough noise to be heard inside the car so I surmise it is on its way out.

GM part number 17079132 is the latest number for this part. Of course it is discontinued. Seen some on fleabay for about $35. Be aware the mounting bracket might be different from the original one, can be cut or changed out with the old one.

81 Caballero

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 24, 2021
That is the idle speed control solenoid. As stated above controlled by the computer. Shouldn't make enough noise to be heard inside the car so I surmise it is on its way out.

GM part number 17079132 is the latest number for this part. Of course it is discontinued. Seen some on fleabay for about $35. Be aware the mounting bracket might be different from the original one, can be cut or changed out with the old one.
Thanks a lot,
I appreciate it.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor