Cheapest way to get posi

Status
Not open for further replies.

robhowardiii

Apprentice
Mar 6, 2012
Have you tryed puting a wanted ad on Craigslist? I have done that and found a bunch that people that just didn't list there's for sale. I have been looking for a whole posi rear with the ratio I want for about 3 years now so it might take a little searching.

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Not hard at all. IF you have the right tools, and IF you have the right skills, and IF you have the proper installation kit. I take it you still haven't read the manual section on differentials?

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Crapple- I'll be pulling the 2.56 posi rearend out of my dad's El Camino next week. It's an 8.2 originally from a '64ish GTO or LeMans so it has the BOP (Ford style) bearings that press on to the axle shaft. He's been using it daily and it works fine, just wants to go back to 3.08s. Not sure what he wants for it yet. It might be an option though since some guys have used the older Abody rearends in Gs. Let me know if you're interested.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Bonnewagon said:
Not hard at all. IF you have the right tools, and IF you have the right skills, and IF you have the proper installation kit. I take it you still haven't read the manual section on differentials?
IF the Camaro unit has 26 splines. IF the carriers and gears are the same series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor