Cheapest way to get posi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crapple21

Greasemonkey
Apr 16, 2011
Washington
Ya the guy said he didn't know if it was a posi he said it was out of a monte Carlo ss

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Means nothing. My Monte SS 3:73 rear was not a posi either.

Pontiac455

Master Mechanic
Jun 8, 2010
Start checkin out S10"s trucks and blazers. Usually the blazers and jimmys have limited slip diffs. Four cyl trucks have 373's and 411's and the six cyls can have n e thing from 308's to 342's.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
I think that only Gov-Locs were used in the S10s and Blazers. Auburn clutch-style limited slip can be found in pre-'87ish Camaros and Firebirds in 26 spline variety. That's if you want to piece one together. I'd suggest buying a complete Gbody rearend if you can find one.

Pontiac455

Master Mechanic
Jun 8, 2010
DRIVEN said:
I think that only Gov-Locs were used in the S10s and Blazers. Auburn clutch-style limited slip can be found in pre-'87ish Camaros and Firebirds in 26 spline variety. That's if you want to piece one together. I'd suggest buying a complete Gbody rearend if you can find one.

Yup mostly governor style, I am runnin one with 425HP in front of it with no problems.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
I don't have any bad personal experience with the Gov-Locs either. I only brought it up to differentiate between the two. I've never used one in anything other than stock applications. In fact, I got one for free once (8.5) that I gave to a buddy. He's abused it to death in his work truck for over 10 years. Still works great.

Crapple- I've done the piece together route. It turned out okay but I probably would have been money ahead to keep looking for a complete unit. Be patient and one will turn up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor