Nov 4, 2012
I'll be here to follow along whenever you are able to get back to it đź‘Ť

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Well, 11/25 was the 20 year crash anniversary and this one is finally on deck. I'm waiting for parts to show up for my wagon so I dug a bunch of stuff out to take inventory. There's at least 2 boxes that I can't account for but IIRC they don't have any essential parts in them. The shopping list is huge and I'm estimating about $9-10k to get to driver status -- and that doesn't include paint or interior.

I (sadly) spent most of yesterday sitting on my *ss creeping on other '35s and '36s to get inspiration. I've had a pretty specific idea in my head for almost 20 years how I want it to look and, after looking at others and considering my present situation, made a couple practical changes. This is the current object of my desire.

When I get the wagon wired and running there's going to be a big shuffle. Stay tuned.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users

old80cs

G-Body Guru
Jun 27, 2013
Massachusetts
That looks fantastic, great looking truck to model after. I love those artillery style wheels in a contrasting color!

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
I actually found that guy's build doing a search for artillery wheels on a '35. I'm planning darker red and painting the truck a medium gray at this point. Paint will have to wait though.

Reactions: 3 users

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
can't wait to see this start up again! love the truck that you're getting the inspiration from, seeing your past projects, I know yours will be just as nice! :popcorn:

there's a handful of threads that I always keep an eye out for, yours are among the top! you always have something unusual with a twist to it, and I've always been drawn to all the "little" things that make the build just a little different from the rest.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Aww man, I really appreciate it. I skimmed back through the thread myself and there have been sooo many false starts with this thing. This 20 year mark finally decided it for me. It's just ridiculous and I'm tired of waiting. The wagon is being sold to fund this so it's still the priority.

Funny thing is I grew up on Hot Rod and Streetrod magazines. I remember all the features where, guy buys car in high school. Car gets crashed or blown up or just stored. Guy gets a wife, kids, and job. Fast forward 30 years, guy finally gets around to dragging it out and rebuilding it. I never understood. Well, I'm that guy and I guess I get it now. I don't like it, but I get it.

I don't really want to dip into saving to fund this one and there's only so much money to go around. Still trying to finish up the house too. 2020 is looking to be a feverish year. Gotta finish the wagon up and pedal it first.

Reactions: 6 users

Daca214

G-Body Guru
Dec 1, 2017
Jupiter, FL
Man just read this whole thread. Anxious to see this thing driveable again or else i might have to request a name change to *not driven. :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Funny thing is I grew up on Hot Rod and Streetrod magazines. I remember all the features where, guy buys car in high school. Car gets crashed or blown up or just stored. Guy gets a wife, kids, and job. Fast forward 30 years, guy finally gets around to dragging it out and rebuilding it. I never understood. Well, I'm that guy and I guess I get it now. I don't like it, but I get it.

I cannot stress enough that this is the right move. I've sold so many cars in the past that are unobtainium now. Never thought far enough ahead to realize they wouldn't always be available/inexpensive.

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor