Cheating The Reaper

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
TKO600, mid shifter, and clutch ordered.

• Winner
Reactions: 5 users

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
I cannot stress enough that this is the right move. I've sold so many cars in the past that are unobtainium now. Never thought far enough ahead to realize they wouldn't always be available/inexpensive.
Yep. Agree.
GMC 270.JPG
Parts Garage.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Did the mid-shift conversion today. Started with disassembly of the mid plate and standard shifter. Punch out the roll pins and remove the lugs. Leave the lower (rear) one out and reinstall the other three upside down. The new rear plate has a post to keep the rear rail from floating around.

The new shifter has a pretty clever splined arrangement that lets you put it in 8 different positions. All buttoned up.

Reactions: 8 users

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
What's the measurement, bellhousing face to shifter centerline, in the offet you selected? I wonder if that made the more complicated front shift conversion kinda obsolete.

Reactions: 1 user

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Well, 4:57pm PST this wreck turned 21. Me and Whisky are gonna make it run tonight. If you're drinking tonight, raise a glass.

Reactions: 7 users

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
MUCH better than huffing brake cleaner! Salut!

Do yourself a favor and keep that stuff out of the fuel tank, though.

Reactions: 1 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor