Chevy 350 or 305

Status
Not open for further replies.

blizack

Greasemonkey
Jan 25, 2009
Toronto, On, Canada
1985Diablo, where did you get the number of 400hp from? Maybe someone should run his numbers in Dyno2000 and see an estimate of what that setup would run.

1985Diablo

Apprentice
May 4, 2009
Brick, NJ
http://www.speedwaybids.com/tech/ezonlinedyno.html

Basic I know, just using it to get close. Also Cam Quest 6

Seems to me that if the heads & intake can flow enough, and you match the right cam, the VE approches 90-100%

Add enough carb and fuel presure, and the right exhaust and I think this is very doable.

If I was building an LG4, this would never work. I am starting with the LB9 a much better base to build from.

I don't have better software than the above. If anyone wants to help, I'll post all the specs. Just let me know what your program needs.

custom442

Royal Smart Person
Jul 4, 2008
Houston
If you really think it'll take 2 grand to build then you're mistaken. If you score a nice cheap 305 in great condition then maybe you can make it around 3 grand. Otherwise you're lookin at 4,000+ if you build from scratch. Just like my 383, my total build cost ran to 5500 but everything on the engine was just north of the 4,000 range. I could score a cheap nitrous kit off ebay for 300

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
SScamino said:
It was pretty slow but had some get and go to it but Probably cause of my 3.73s.

the 305 spools up quicker than a 350 so it just wasn't the gears. I have an Eldibrock SP2P on my current 305 with a qjet that was built by a guy who use to build carbs for nascar and it goes pretty good even with the 3:08 I have in the back end..

1985Diablo

Apprentice
May 4, 2009
Brick, NJ
blizack
Nope, at the flywheel

custom442
Funny you should say that, I got the engine free. It came with a bunch of parts that I sold off seperate for more than I paid. OH, and that $4,000 you said I would need, is that labor included, Or just in parts?

custom442

Royal Smart Person
Jul 4, 2008
Houston
1985Diablo said:
blizack
Nope, at the flywheel

custom442
Funny you should say that, I got the engine free. It came with a bunch of parts that I sold off seperate for more than I paid. OH, and that $4,000 you said I would need, is that labor included, Or just in parts?

If I got my engine free - just the block, take 600$ off my build price. Take another 1000$ off my build price if yours came with internals.

So now we're down to around 2500$. So, in theory, I could save on certain parts and get the build cost down to 2 grand. See I can play this game too. But It's not gunna happen in reality, unless you're an expert machiner who knows how to port well and you can scrounge for cheap quality parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor