OLDS Choke problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

DROLDS84

Master Mechanic
Feb 15, 2015
Northern Indiana
Can someone tell me what the green connector at the end of my test probe is and also should my choke close all the way...what you see is as far as it goes. Wants to idle high even after it's warm. Linkage seems fooooked up. 20200424_150008.jpg

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Choke should be open fully when engine is warm. Closed fully when cold. May need to adjust the choke coil on pass side of carb.

DROLDS84

Master Mechanic
Feb 15, 2015
Northern Indiana
Can anyone point me to my choke problem...which wire to check for 12 volts. I'll take another pic. I do have a volt meter to use...I understand a standard 12 volt tester shows power but not voltage.

85442/86buick

G-Body Guru
Feb 12, 2013
Perth Country , Ontario
From what I understand all feed back carbs for the 231 had electric chokes. I'll still say that's a mixed up rebuild.

Honestly , I cannot agree or disagree........... but you choke coil appears to have no wires or am I wrong ?

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor