Clear Coating Polished Aluminum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheFullMonteSS

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 19, 2010
Get the satin Eddy Airgap and get it powdercoated to match the engine. It will look bitchin and let your valvecovers and aircleaner be the bling bling. Thats how I am planning on doing mine. Swapping in a 350 I already have in the garage. Just gonna freshin it up (hot tank, ring and bearings), Vortec heads, Thumpr cam, Eddy Airgap intake powdercoated black to match the block and heads. Clean and functional. You will like the look and will match the rest of your car. All your other trim is black.....

Cuttin up

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 24, 2010
Powhatan, VA
FE3X CLONE said:
You could have everything chrome plated and then not worry about. Or Jet-hot coated.

The high heat rattle can stuff doesn't work. I've tried it and as said, it turns to a yellowish/brownish color in little to no time at all.

I'm not sure Zoop seal would be able to take the heat of engine parts. ? Any it's my understanding that it doesn't last forever and has to be reapplied every so often.

yeah zoop seal is like a seal for the polish, it doesn't last forever but it does allow you to not polish as often. as far as heat, i dunno but i do know that a lot of motorcycle folks use it on some engine stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor